Anybody want a new commuter..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norm

:tongue: :blush:

But what on earth were you looking for to find that? :thumbsup:

Still, I noticed that the features include:
Gender Unisex

I guess that the term "Ladies" is redundant now, and bikes with low top tubes are for anyone who wants to ride wearing a dress or a skirt.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Norm said:
:sad: :sad:

But what on earth were you looking for to find that? :sad:

Still, I noticed that the features include:
Gender Unisex

I guess that the term "Ladies" is redundant now, and bikes with low top tubes are for anyone who wants to ride wearing a dress or a skirt.

That style never was a ladies frame, it's always been 'mixte' surely? After all if you are wearing knickerbockers anyway you don't need a dropped top tube.

irw

Quadricyclist
This Terrain mountain bike comes in a YS-7781 light green colour with 26" alloy silver wheels and 18S gears.

My eyes nearly popped out of my head then- I thought that said 185 gears!

snailracer

Über Member
It's advertised as a mountain bike, not a commuter. I would have rather more confidence in a heavy £60 MTB than a light £60 MTB, 'cos heavy=strong at that price point.

Trumpettom001

I work in a shop that sells second hand bikes - we accept donations of old, unwanted bikes, and refurbish them, and sell them on. I got my road bike for 60 quid from them. It's a carrera virtuoso, but with 18 speed gearing, as opposed to the stock 16 speed, and with carbon forks. It was in basically brand new condition, and i see no reason to buy a bike from tesco, when you can get a bike like that at the same price. rant over, my apologies.

I've got a new commuter...stuck at Waterloo at the present time but it will be home tomorrow.;)

35be92c.jpg

Date is wrong BTW it should be 8th April.

snailracer

Über Member
hackbike 666 said:
I've got a new commuter...stuck at Waterloo at the present time but it will be home tomorrow.:blush:

35be92c.jpg

Date is wrong BTW it should be 8th April.
Not as good as the £60 bike, yours only has 2 gears :evil:

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Hack,

What colour is that bike and how do you rate the Charge Spoon Saddle.

I've ordered a Charge Mixer in Black. Wonder if it shows like yours in real-life. Yours looks nice.

Also, are those the stock Conti Sport Contact tyres or have you changed them?

Moodyman said:
Hack,

What colour is that bike and how do you rate the Charge Spoon Saddle.

I've ordered a Charge Mixer in Black. Wonder if it shows like yours in real-life. Yours looks nice.

Also, are those the stock Conti Sport Contact tyres or have you changed them?

Errr grey I think...Haven't really rode it apart from on the testrun )(Waterloo Evans-Blackfirars Bridge and back round to Evans via Waterloo Station)....First commute on it Sunday at a guess.Will be setup for fixed.Haven't changed the tyres yet and they aren't Conti....I think they are Kenda but am not sure.Didn't really notice the saddle...seemed fine to me.

May leave the front for now but will test a Greentyre on the back.

Top Bottom