Anybody watch top gear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jim55

Guru
hammonds bike was app 860 gms or something!(so he said )whats a more realistic weight for a bike like that( carbon pinarello) I'd imagine somewhere in the region of 6 kg,,,860gm ,,, pffft

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
hammonds bike was app 860 gms or something!(so he said )whats a more realistic weight for a bike like that( carbon pinarello) I'd imagine somewhere in the region of 6 kg,,,860gm ,,, pffft

He might have been talking about the frame.

From a Pinarello Dogma review:

Pinarello's latest Dogma might be lighter than its predecessor, but it's still a bit heavier than some other modern super bikes. Our accelerated test period didn't allow time for our usual teardown procedures, but Pinarello claims 920g for a "raw" 54cm sample.

andyfraser

Über Member
I was wondering that too. It's a Pinarello Dogma but I don't know which model (F8?) and I couldn't find a weight for it during my brief research.

I was gutted that he broke the rear mech hanger so we didn't get to see how well he did on the Pinarello. I'm cynical about Top Gear and wouldn't be surprised if his accident was staged.

OP
OP
jim55

jim55

Guru
I was gutted that he broke the rear mech hanger so we didn't get to see how well he did on the Pinarello. I'm cynical about Top Gear and wouldn't be surprised if his accident was staged.

I bet it was , I know most things are , but some things they do can't be I guess

Rasmus

Without a clever title

I doubt the crash was staged, but I think the deal with borrowing the Merida MTB involved a little bit more than just "we'll give you a lift to work". Didn't take them long to mount cameras on the replacement, did it?

Also, I must mention that mounting a frame bag inside the triangle on a Pinarello should be a crime.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
It looked like he was going a decent speed, I would`nt want to come off... and risk all that nice Assos he had on.

But then again, surley he would know not to ride over tram lines at such a narrow angle.

Last edited:

gavgav

Guru
Nice Pinarello :wub:!!

andyfraser

Über Member
It looked like he was going a decent speed, I would`nt to come off... and risk all that nice Assos he had on.

But then again, surley he would know not to ride over tram lines at such a narrow angle.
He probably would. That's one thing that got me thinking it might be a set up. Another was, Top Gear isn't a car magazine programme any more; it's an entertainment show and part of that entertainment seems to be the presenters making themselves look stupid.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
With all the camera angles, the motorbike cameras, the helicopter shots, the repeat takes for the external and internal edited shots of getting onto trams, getting off trams, getting on metros/ getting off metros...

They never have races, everything they do, the spats, the arguments, the stupidity, the childish pranks.... everything has to [re]written, scripted, story-boarded, directed and arranged and manipulated to tell whatever message they choose to present... in this case taking the mikey out of cycling, public transport and to ensure that alternative ways to avoid using cars anywhere are made to look as stupid as possible.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
He probably would. That's one thing that got me thinking it might be a set up. Another was, Top Gear isn't a car magazine programme any more; it's an entertainment show and part of that entertainment seems to be the presenters making themselves look stupid.

Frigging puerile would be a better description.

A show for the right-on crowd if ever there was one.

TV (almost) at its worst - beaten only by eg Alan Carr Xmas Show, anything featuring either that twonk Keith Lemon or the appalling Noel Fielding.

I presume the up-thread posters talking about possible 'staging' were being ironic?

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
I was wondering that too. It's a Pinarello Dogma but I don't know which model (F8?) and I couldn't find a weight for it during my brief research.

They certainly got the camera boom fixed onto the spontaneous replacement bike in double quick time!

Top Bottom