Anybody watch top gear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
"Let us borrow your bike and we'll give you a lift to work"
I would have swapped my working bike for his broken one. :thumbsup:

I doubt the crash was staged,
Who would throw themselves on the floor to stage a crash? You just know it's going to hurt. Hammond is a regular cyclist too so would he actually be capable of making himself potentially wreck the bike. I couldn't bring myself to do it, even if it wasn't mine.
Contrived and lots of editing to tell a story as always, but there is a limit to what can be scripted when out filming in a city like that.

andyfraser

Über Member
They certainly got the camera boom fixed onto the spontaneous replacement bike in double quick time!
I'd have thought they'd have a spare bike or be able to fix the bike e.g. in case of a puncture. I'm not sure whether fixing the rear derailleur would be practical though.

@vernon Speaking for myself, I'm chilled. I actually enjoyed the feature somewhat. I just thought it looked fake and probably was. :smile:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I'm amazed people still watch it, it was ok 7 years ago, but it has been rolling out the same carp even since.
A bit like deal or no deal, once you've watched it a couple if times there is no need to ever watch it again.

andyfraser

Über Member
I'm amazed people still watch it, it was ok 7 years ago, but it has been rolling out the same carp even since.
A bit like deal or no deal, once you've watched it a couple if times there is no need to ever watch it again.
The connection being that Noel Edmonds was once a presenter on Top Gear.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Who would throw themselves on the floor to stage a crash?

A body double?

sarahale

Über Member
How come he didn't graze himself or did he just fall well? My last fall from a slow speed took all the skin off my chin!

shadow master

We all have to remember top gear has become a light entertainment program,loosely based around motoring,to say some of its set up is putting it mildley, but the show seems to be as popular as ever,and the demographic watching must be the widest of any program on tv.its far removed from the sterile but rather more factual days of the programming in the 1980's.

Top Bottom