Anybody watch top gear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
They'll find a way. He's too valuable to the BBC - Top Gear sales around the world will not be ignored by the bosses.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 3581054, member: 45"]They could do it without him. There's a replacement idiot in every village. Shucks, give me the script, I'll have a go.....

This is the best car in the world!!!..... But........ It has a serious fault and I wouldn't be seen dead in the thing.... Ah, but it is actually amazing and I've bought one!!.... But, I've already sold it because I hate it so much..... It's fantastic... appalling... racist slur... fantastic... appalling... let's burn cyclists... I love the car!.... I hate it.... Middle class racist comment that a lot won't understand.... Aren't our troops fantastic!!.... You did it in........ One minute,....... Forty,....... Racist comment..... Speeding makes you cool..... Dribble over Gillian Anderson..... Love the car!........ Racist comment....... Suck up to Tom Cruise...... Some say..... Hate the car!..... Love it!..... And across the line!

There, do I get the gig?[/QUOTE]
Do you have a vast belly and a pair of ill-fitting stone-washed jeans?

User269

Top Gear; a very popular TV programme about cars, aimed at, and presented by, people who aren't old enough to drive.

[QUOTE 3581054, member: 45"]They could do it without him. There's a replacement idiot in every village. Shucks, give me the script, I'll have a go.....

This is the best car in the world!!!..... But........ It has a serious fault and I wouldn't be seen dead in the thing.... Ah, but it is actually amazing and I've bought one!!.... But, I've already sold it because I hate it so much..... It's fantastic... appalling... racist slur... fantastic... appalling... let's burn cyclists... I love the car!.... I hate it.... Middle class racist comment that a lot won't understand.... Aren't our troops fantastic!!.... You did it in........ One minute,....... Forty,....... Racist comment..... Speeding makes you cool..... Dribble over Gillian Anderson..... Love the car!........ Racist comment....... Suck up to Tom Cruise...... Some say..... Hate the car!..... Love it!..... And across the line!

There, do I get the gig?[/QUOTE]

you forgot to mention prog rock :okay:

AndyRM

XOXO
One of the best things about top gear is the way it's filmed. Some very clever effects and some stunning countryside shots, none of which requires Clarkson. It would be a different dynamic presenter wise but the knockabout stuff with all three of them does get a bit grating sometimes.

screenman

Legendary Member
Wealthy and successful in his chosen career, clever bloke. Not a huge fan of his but I often enjoy Top Gear, sometimes.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
They could do the same programme without Clarkson and call it something like Fifth Gear. That'll be a ratings winner.

Oh, wait.

Or they could staff it with bland nonentities and be bland & uncontroversial, a bit like Top Gear used to be like.

Oh, wait.

The point is, Clarkson is Marmite, which makes the programme hugely enjoyable and horrible in equal measure.

fwiw, I think he'll just move to Sky and get bigger audiences and more money.

AndyRM

XOXO
Or they could staff it with bland nonentities and be bland & uncontroversial, a bit like Top Gear used to be like.

My main memories of olden dayes of yore top gear are Quentin Wilson advising where to look for rust on second hand cars, and filling out the JD Power survey with my old man. Occasionally they'd have a racy episode and allow Tiff Needel out of the cupboard so he could have a blast round a race track.

Glorious.

Problem with the 'reviews' is that (allegedly) Clarkson would expect to keep the cars, with the threat of a bad review if they took i back

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
he owns his own aircraft

They look really boring. I fancy one of these:

1374710.jpg

Top Bottom