Anyone admit to owning/wanting one of these?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
awesome!

Youngsters these days just can't get their heads round what it used to be like; tiny ashtrays on the end of the armrests on the trains, watching movies through a thick fog of fag smoke, the lady in the grocery store smoking behind the counter.... all recent history for many of us but a completely different world for them

It's the pub I couldn't stand. After a night on the beers you'd wake up on Saturday morning with hair and skin stinking of smoke, a pile of stinking clothes next to the bed, and a sore throat from breathing the polluted fug. And an order of magnitude worse if you had a smoker in your group.

If someone wants to smoke that's their choice, I'm just glad I've had 15 years of clean indoor air.

PK99

Legendary Member
....or even remembering. From the heyday of motoring:

Back in the day, early 70's I had a cousin whose job was going round installing & stocking cigarette dispensing machines in folks houses.!

Astonishing!

Gillstay

Über Member
I recall cleaning the filters on the machine my dad had in the pub to remove the smoke from fags. It was awful, covered in brown sticky tar.

it did work very well though, so everyone could enjoy the pub.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Even as a smoker I applaud the ban on smoking in public indoor places. I don't smoke in my own house, retiring to the back porch for my pleasures. It is rather a posh one too, UPVC with a comfortable armchair installed.

Top Bottom