Anyone been off'd in or around Southampton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BSRU

A Human Being
Hopefully the cyclist reports it to the Police, since from his description the driver has not and does not realise he has to, he will get a bucket full of points, 5 to 10 if I remember correctly.

This one's a charmer, knocks down an elderly ped, gets done for careless driving by the sound of it and it's some 'jobsworths' fault!

i hit a pedestrian and a jobsworth called the cops and ambulance. The old dear was fine. Had to do a driver improvement (£186) course and still 2 years no claims down while they ask the pedestrian if she wants to make a claim.

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
This one's a charmer, knocks down an elderly ped, gets done for careless driving by the sound of it and it's some 'jobsworths' fault!

i hit a pedestrian and a jobsworth called the cops and ambulance. The old dear was fine. Had to do a driver improvement (£186) course and still 2 years no claims down while they ask the pedestrian if she wants to make a claim.

Thats actually quite a common "complaint" that I hear at work. Mostly from those sub-30. Its a different style of driving, and with those that know they're unlikely to be caught. In some other Euro zones that would have cost them more £600 for driver retraining, with a full retest if they dont comply or fail the initial course.

Top Bottom