Anyone been to La Gavroche - Michel Roux's Restaurant ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hoping to patronise this restaurant one day not only for the cuisine but to see how a seemingly humble and down to earth Michel Roux runs such a Poncy place.

Last edited:
Why do you think it is poncy? Is it just the price?

I guess it depends what you mean by poncy. It is expensive. I've been to cheaper which are far more pretentious. Food here is excellent.

AndyRM

XOXO
Dunno. Never been. Le Gavroche is good though. Have the duck.

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
Nope, and after his comments on food allergies I doubt I ever shall. He obviously doesn't realise how lucky he is to be able to eat anything, anywhere and never have to worry about it killing him.

PK99

Legendary Member
Hoping to patronise this restaurant one day not only for the cuisine but to see how a seemingly humble and down to earth Michel Roux runs such a Poncy place.

Went there for my daughter's 21st a couple of months ago. There are far poncier places than La Gavroche, dress code is smart casual (smart jackets for the men), no tie requirement etc. Service relaxed and relatively informal - much less stuffy than the only other time I've been there, 25/30 years ago. I think all high-end service is more informal now. .

Food is as you would expect from MRJnr - French but not obsessively so, and much much lighter than trad french restaurant food

Top Bottom