1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone biked in ilkley?

Discussion in 'Mountain Biking, Trials and BMX' started by dangerousjules, 11 Feb 2008.

1. dangerousjules

dangerousjules New Member

i have never posted in this bit before...
    having recently moved to harrogate from london i often hear murmers of how good biking in ilkley is, i've got no idea where to go could any of my cycling brothers and sisters recomend where i need to go?

2. Otley is the place for cyclists, just down the Wharfe Valley from Ilkley. It's my home town (not that I live there any more). Either go to Dunny's Cafe at the end of the bridge over the river on a Saturday lunchtime, or drop into Chevin Cycles opposite the Junction at the other end of town. They'll see you right.
    There's loads of good cycling round there.

3. yorkshiregoth

yorkshiregoth Master of all he surveys

Have cycled through Ilkley a few times on route to or from Skipton, some killer hills though.

4. What's your interest Jules? MTB or road? How far do you want to go?

5. dangerousjules

dangerousjules New Member

morning mr thief...both, at the moment i don't think my fitness will let me do more than a 50 mile road loop and the equivalant on a mtb.

6. longers

longers Veteran

7. yenrod

yenrod Guest

Let me congratulate you on moving form a really bad place to a great place THE NORTH !

People have CULTURE up here - where humans actually TALK to each other, things MORE RELAXED: you've made the best move of your life...!

PS: I'm sure youve noticed the HILLS and MOUNTAINS in the north, now !!!

:biggrin:

8. Gunner Rodgers

Gunner Rodgers New Member

And that from a Cockney :tongue::tongue::tongue:

How ya doing Yenkers, me old Jellied Eel eating matey :biggrin::biggrin:

9. wafflycat

wafflycat New Member

Ruddy Norah! It's The Gunner! How are you? Life treating you okay these days? Hope so.

10. Gunner Rodgers

RUDDY Champion, my dear girl, I hope you also are well ;)

Mrs G is in good spirits these days too, so all in the garden seems rosy :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Take care :laugh:

11. wafflycat

wafflycat New Member

RUDDY Excellent! Good to hear life is nice & rosy - the Gunners deserve it!

All well here in rural parts - well, apart from the offspring having a nasty dose of man 'flu-lurgy-type-bug. But he's young & fit, so he'll survive!

12. Fiona N

Fiona N Well-Known Member

My thoughts entirely ;)

Is there anyone left on the old place?

13. Gunner Rodgers

14. wafflycat

wafflycat New Member

Well get your RUDDY rear end over here more often MrG! You're missed! So RUDDY there! ;)

15. Gunner Rodgers

I say Old Girl, Stand Easy!!!

STAND EASY IN THE RANKS THAT RUDDY BIRD :smile::angry:

I shall do my best to spread myself about a bit more :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

You know I shall always have a soft spot for you :wacko: and Kendodd ;):girl:

:sad::biggrin::biggrin: