Anyone booking trips for August?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cambsno

Have family in Cyprus so just need to cover air fare - unbelievable deal going in school hols with Ryanair and so tempted to book a week away. The downside is that is we became ill before we would have to cancel and lose £400. If the government restrict travel we could lose £400. If Cyprus ban Brits again, we could lose £400 - thats the gain/risk element! At a guess the prices are 25% what they would normally be!

Anyone else been brave and anticipated being able to go away?

Plus you will have to spend two weeks in quarantine when you return.

OP
OP
C

cambsno

Plus you will have to spend two weeks in quarantine when you return.

Well thats the gamble - already talks on air corridors, cant see quarantine still being in place by then, otherwise we will have millions on the dole as airlines and travel companies will have gone pop!

Low Gear Guy

Veteran
Well thats the gamble - already talks on air corridors, cant see quarantine still being in place by then, otherwise we will have millions on the dole as airlines and travel companies will have gone pop!
Air travel is a net loss to the country as Brits spend more abroad than incoming visitors. It would be a financial benefit if more people took holidays at home.

vickster

Legendary Member
I’m planning to go to Jersey in late August for a long weekend assuming they lift their quarantine

vickster

Legendary Member
Last edited:

johnblack

Über Member
Booked in for Crete in the middle of August

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
We have booked a week in a Devon cottage for early August.
The biggest risk is a local lock down, and I’m unsure if I would get my money back but I’m prepared to take the risk.
I wouldn’t risk going overseas at the moment with kids.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Not booking anywhere - don't feel it's worth the risk., nor would I feel 'relaxed' - you can't sit and chill like you did before. Even going to our caravan in Wales, we've now got to pre-book on-line and give all names going to the site - each time we go (which is most weekends) - crazy as we will be nowhere near anyone. There is talk that the pubs will be open (outside only) in Wales from 13th !

I've looked at UK hotel stays in August for our anniversary. No facilities open, limited breakfast in your room, evening meals 'in your room'. No thanks !

PaulB

Legendary Member
We usually do Cyprus in May and Gran Canaria in September for the cycling but this year are not going anywhere. Not while these restrictions - sometimes randomly applied - are in force. Or not in force but some people think they are or whatever. The confusion over it and control the little hitlers love to exert make it not worth the effort.

dodgy

We've written off 2020 for holidays. We're supposed to be in the French Alps Saturday morning🤷‍♂️
Good friends have a rather nice 'static' in North Wales which we are able to use, might go there and make a cycle tour of it (it's about 110 miles away) by riding there and back whilst Mrs Dodgy drives.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Caravan open on 11th July now -I've 'registered' ourselves as invaders from over the boarder on track and trace. Won't be going to the site's pub just yet, don't fancy the scrum with the OAP 'hiss heads'.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Should have been in France now for a week but cancelled in April.

Anyone find it odd how people have changed their priorities from protecting people to concern about the risk of losing money if they don't get to go... the risk of spreading C-19 is exactly the same as it was at the start of lockdown. Clever manipulation of people's mindset.

Top Bottom