anyone car free???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jamieyorky

Veteran
As title says is anyone car free at all?

I'm a car sales man and due to be getting a company car soon, the thing is I don't need one, I'm a couple of miles away from work, Ive a Gazelle for everyday stuff and a Cube road bike for the blast on a weekend.

My wife has a people carrier which is our family car, I never drive that come to think of it.

I'm seriously thinking of not getting a company car even though it's free.

Who else is car free?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Me. I just don't drive.

We have a car and Mrs Ian drives but it's little used.
I do more miles on the bike every year then miles the car does.

OP
OP
Jamieyorky

Jamieyorky

Veteran
Me. I just don't drive.

We have a car and Mrs Ian drives but it's little used.
I do more miles on the bike every year then miles the car does.

That's the same as me, the Mrs use's the car as she has the kids to run around plus she's lazy......... Hope she doesn't read this.
^_^:laugh:

Im surrounded by cars all day long the last thing I want is to have another outside my house.

Effyb4

Veteran
We made the decision to go car free last July. The vast majority of the time we don't miss it at all. However the last couple of weeks, my hubby has found it difficult to get to work because he has sprained his ankle. He normally cycles, but has had to get lifts to work because there is no public transport. As of tomorrow, he is back on the bike though.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Me :smile:
I'm actually very proud of myself, because I managed to get all the paint, shower screen, bath panel, tools and ladders into a flat I don't live in, by walking, cycling, getting deliveries.
Only the once I had to use a taxi for this project.
My everyday travels are done either on the bike or on foot: I'm actually quicker to town and to work by bike than by public transport.

midlife

Guru
Take the money instead :smile:

Shaun

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
We are. We live close to a tube and a train station, transport links are fairly good. I ride or walk most places. Have a trailer (two, in fact) for trips to B&Q/ the tip etc. On those rare occasions when I need to collect twenty 4-metre floorboards or similar I use a local man with van.

Where I live it's all terraced housing, and quite a few -including where we live- were badly converted into (poky) flats in the 80s. Very happy not to have to deal with parking.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I'm going back to commuting by car. At least I have a car but the extra £150 a month burnt won't be fun. At least that goes in my accident claim as I have a good solid 8 years cycle commuting every day to my employer from the day I started.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Sometime I envy people who have businesses or jobs and live somewhere where going car free is possible, the pair of us cannot even manage with one.
Well, I know it's not possible for everybody.
I choose my present abode because it's convenient. I don't have kids to ferry about, the cat goes to the vet in the bike trailer, for major transport needs there's deliveries and white van man.
I have transported plumbing pipes from B&Q on the bike ... in the snow ^_^

screenman

Legendary Member
Well, I know it's not possible for everybody.
I choose my present abode because it's convenient. I don't have kids to ferry about, the cat goes to the vet in the bike trailer, for major transport needs there's deliveries and white van man.
I have transported plumbing pipes from B&Q on the bike ... in the snow ^_^

We have kids, grown up one's and a grandson. We have 4 buses a day on weekdays only, the 10 mile race trip to the hospital should a local need to visit is £23 each way.

We both run mobile businesses, my wife a podiatrist with customers up to 12 miles away. I spend about 4 hours a driving to and from my customers.

Top Bottom