Anyone coming to York at the weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hulver

Fat bloke on a bike
That's handy, I'm staying in Copmanthorpe so it'll be just a short wobble ride home.

Is the ride to the ship the same one that's listed as "Friday night pub ride" on the CTC web site?

bikepete

Guru
hulver said:
Is the ride to the ship the same one that's listed as "Friday night pub ride" on the CTC web site?

Not entirely sure :-) but I did tell them about it, so it's possible.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Can't be the same ride - different evenings! (CTC Friday, VV Saturday)

Crackle, you're thinking of the King's Arms. The Ship recently reopened after finally taking a leaf out of the King's Arms' book and converting to a flood friendly decor (bare brick walls, flagged floor) instead of the old plaster and carpets - will still get flooded, but easy to clean and reopen quickly.

I heard that in the past, the King's Arms didn't shut until the water reached the top of the bar, and staff with waders on would piggy back customers in... The highest water mark now is the 2000 one, and you'd have needed a snorkel...

2326468117_db283571bb.jpg

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
hulver said:
You could always come out to Acaster Malbis on the CTC ride. Just to check everything's OK for the Saturday night ride of course :laugh:

If nothing else turns up...:smile:

A few of us normally end up going for a curry on the Friday, but it's usually a bit ad hoc, so I don't know yet...

Top Bottom