Anyone drive a Kia?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You will be get a bike in cash cow with front wheel removed and rear seats lowered..
Not much room for any thing else.

Got a kingsize divan in our squashy. Not a great boot opening height, and the lip is high, but it's great for swallowing bulky stuff. Nice to drive too.

toffee

Guru
Funnily enough just hired a car to get us to Penzance, got given a Mazda CX 5. Was better than the Sportage, bigger engine alot smoother. Still needed the seat down to get 2 bikes in. Bigger car though

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
A mate has a Kia Picanto and constantly bangs on about how good it is.
He's had a couple of reasons to use the warranty and had a totally hassle free experience too, unlike certain other manufacturers I could name.

Do check the boot size though - lots of the current crop of small SUVs have much smaller boots than you might imagine looking at the outside. A work aquaintace booked a test drive in a Range Rover Evoque but walked away on lifting the tailgate.

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
FWIW we had 2 Kia Sedonas -one a model year 2003, one 2011, both bought used. They actually seemed to be pretty well made vehicles, and the only issue we had was with the first one when the coolant pipes rusted out which we never really fixed but bodged so we could keep it running. Aside from that issue and the usual tyres, oil and brake changes, they were great and didn't spend anything else on them for about 200,000 miles of motoring. I was pretty impressed as the cost of them wasn't that much.

YMMV though!

edit: second the thought on checking the storage out. When we bought the second one we initially looked at the model with the 3rd row seat (I don't think it was the Sportage, but I might be mistaken). Needing to transport the family and grandparents meant we needed a 3rd row, but when it was up, there was about enough room to put in a couple of matchboxes in the back only. We stuck with the Sedona for that reason alone.

Kia are a quality car now and nothing like the cars they made a few years ago

Had 2 kia sportwagons ,superb car and a lot more room.
That said the sportage is rather nice for the money.

The warranty is excellent.

Cash cow no

vickster

Legendary Member
A friend of mine considered a Karoq...hated it on test drive, and got a fully loaded Octavia VRS hatch instead

Last edited:

screenman

Legendary Member
I hate the thought of loose objects in the back of cars, been around too many body shops and seen the results I guess.

Oldboots091

Sportage is one option, Sorento is the other. Larger internally and will accommodate your bike. Various options available. They are great and you will be very well looked after by Kia. I wouldnt say I drive mine as it sits on the driveway most of the year as bicycle is best.

Top Bottom