Anyone drive a Kia?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Got a kingsize divan in our squashy. Not a great boot opening height, and the lip is high, but it's great for swallowing bulky stuff. Nice to drive too.
Agree, plenty of room. I pop my bike in the back. No need to take a wheel off, just fold down one of the rear seats (so three people can still be transported if necessary). Can even do the same in the Juke so not sure what the big deal about space is. All these SUV-types have plenty

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
MrsCK has her sights on a Duster , be a few years yet though.
As I’ve documented to date I’m happy as Larry with my Dacia, and the dealer service. Suits my needs perfectly and still exceeds expectations.

screenman

Legendary Member
Thoughts are now turning to the Qashqai, will go get a test drive in a week or two.

Or the Tiguan :whistle:

Although I like the Nissan we found the seat squabs way to long for us, I have driven loads of them and found the same across the board, fine if your bottom is not as close to the ground as ours though.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
With two large teenage boys plus 7 yr old daughter in a child seat the most spacious SUV type vehicle we found within our price range was the Honda CRV. It's been rather good... the Sportage was too small for our needs.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
I have been told that there is a small and a larger Sportage. Brother says guy he works with has the larger. Came out in conversation when they were on a course and Bruv asked "is that the same as yours?"

MarkF

Guru
Nope, driving a Kia...........................wearing Skechers/Edinburgh Woolen Mill/Cotton Trader, never going to happen

screenman

Legendary Member
I get to fix dents in Kia's, they are very well made. Unlike the Mazda I cannot wait to get shot of, who invented an engine that tops its oil up with diesel, or self destroys engine components.

toffee

Guru
I get to fix dents in Kia's, they are very well made. Unlike the Mazda I cannot wait to get shot of, who invented an engine that tops its oil up with diesel, or self destroys engine components.

Which Mazda you got. Drove a CX5 yesterday byhat I thought was very nice.

Col5632

Guru
I've always like the sportage, test drove the 3 and it was amazing but too pricey for us as we need a car each. I ended up getting a ceed as I've always liked them, my wife loved it that much we bought her one too, I find them very roomy but obv you are talking about much bigger cars than ceeds

tyred

Legendary Member
I think Kia have learned a lot and come on leaps and bounds.

My friend had a Kia saloon from 2005 ( can't remember what it was called) for many years and although it was very reliable and pretty good on petrol it was a truely horrible car IMO. Fine on a well surfaced main road but stray on to the back roads and it pitched and bounced everywhere, hit off the bump stops and skipped all over the road even at relatively low speeds. The suspension design was way behind European cars. The design layout of the boot meant it wasn't very practical either.

My uncle who has hip problems at the moment and decided he wanted an automatic recently bought a diesel 2013 automatic Kia Cee'd and I was skeptical but having driven it, it's a perfectly good car and in a different planet to it's lacklustre ancestor in terms of comfort and handling and I don't know much about autos but it seems to work well and do what it should do. I'd be perfectly happy to have one.

Top Bottom