Anyone eat Phall curry.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
Had a takeaway Naga curry on Friday from my local takeaway and nice it was.
I've never played Rugby except when forced at school.

Had a takeaway Naga curry on Friday from my local takeaway and nice it was.
I've never played Rugby except when forced at school.

I like Naga's, although similar to vindaloos they seem to vary in strength from hot madras to phall depending on the chef.
Planning on trying out a beef vindaloo recipe this week, should be good with a couple of cold ones.

20221016_171856.jpg

Solocle

Über Member
Naga chilli gives a lovely "dry" flavour to a curry :okay::hungry:

Naga peppers in their raw form have quite an earthy smokey flavour, almost nutty, which is what'll do it.

While in my school years I chowed down on a whole dried naga. I got a good few seconds of that distinctive flavour before the firey dragon started to attack.

Reapers in contrast have a much brighter flavour, more akin to habanero.

If you throw one of each in you get both flavours... and an extremely hot meal :laugh:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I disagree:okay:

What, you don't think @Dave7 's mate is very pleasant? ;)

Looking back on my phaal days, the curry house we used to go to back then had some oddities on the menu.
One was "Chicken Ganges" which was chicken and chips with a load of curry sauce dumped on top.
To those saying "I'd rather taste my food" ... well, in that particular curry house you were not missing much.

Last edited:

Tenkaykev

Guru
We used to visit Hansa's vegetarian restaurant in Leeds many years ago. Great food and a lot of dishes that you don't usually find in the run of the mill Indian restaurant. On one occasion I was intrigued by the Brussels Sprout Curry so felt I had to try it. It was very good indeed. On another occasion I tried. dish that is best described as jacket potato with the inside scooped out and cooked with various spices and then put back in. The waiter advised that it was " quite spicy " I started eating it and although very tasty it seemed reasonably mild. As I continued eating it seemed to build in heat until the sweat started on my brow. It was sort of a delayed action booby trapped curry.

Solocle

Über Member
Got some Naga chillis at Asda:
61AE4387-E853-4B14-BD25-9840A777FC32.jpeg

56849954-27CA-430B-8D3C-C7099611CC16.jpeg

Two nagas, 2 homegrown habaneros, and 4 mild annums.
10506F96-A717-49C5-AFF3-517D7DEF085A.jpeg

Something I did seems to have mollified the ghost peppers, because they were hot, noticeably more so than habaneros - but the final dish, while spicy, wasn't blow your head off so.

In other news, the big reaper is starting to ripen:
5B340D53-2D51-4450-9270-2498E9A66108.jpeg

Much like the lettuce, it has spanned the terms of 3 Prime Ministers before reaching this point!

Top Bottom