Anyone else eat 'breakfast' biscuits whilst out cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Never been one for fancy energy gels/bars, as I'm more of a leisure cyclist & tend to rely on cake stops to fuel my rides :smile: But have recently taken to carrying a pack of breakfast biscuits in my pocket for when I feel the need to scoff. My current favoured biscuit is the Hovis malted crunch. They come in handy little packs of 4 biscuits & per pack contain approx 28g carb, 4g sat. fats & 5g protein. Not far off the values in a Clif Bar, but a damn sight cheaper at 5 packs of 4 for £1.
Anyone else use these to fuel cycling & any negative thoughts?

djb1971

Legendary Member
I regularly eat granola type bars when I stop and make a coffee. First choice is a coffee and BIG cake though^_^

JasonHolder

on youtube. learning to be a gent
Bananas and welsh cakes for me. Sometimes a hotxrossbun or 2 in the Jersey pocket but haven't been out for any long rides in a few weeks now.

djb1971

Legendary Member
No, I like bananas but I don't like their banana malt loaf!
That banana loaf is just sick xx(

djb1971

Legendary Member
I've just checked my hidden stash, they're Nutri Grain granola bars. I've currently got a few in honey and a pack of cinnamon. They were 2 boxes for £3 in Asda. Lots cheaper than a mule bar and edible when swilled down with a hot brew.

ScotiaLass

Guru
I've just checked my hidden stash, they're Nutri Grain granola bars. I've currently got a few in honey and a pack of cinnamon. They were 2 boxes for £3 in Asda. Lots cheaper than a mule bar and edible when swilled down with a hot brew.
Yum! I can't eat those though :cry:
I also love the soft fruity ones....can't eat those either. In fact, it would be easier to mention what I CAN eat :rofl:

Top Bottom