Anyone else feel this?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
So I am clock watching at work, counting down till 2pm when I can finish (and no I am not a part timer...been here since 6am :eek:!)

I swapped shifts with a workmate, purely, so I could make the most of the sun in Kent today, despite it being a tad chilly, and the wind being almost bearable.

I have been riddled with an annoying cold/cough since Sunday and it doesn't seem to be going away, despite lots of rest. I have around 11 miles left to reach my target this month so I decided to do it today...regardless of me coughing my lungs up!

I just wondered if anyone else gets all excited at the thought of going on their cycle beforehand?! I am buzzing! I think its probably because I have been resting since Sunday :sad::cry::dry:

Last edited by a moderator:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Yeah, I'm looking forward to a very silly ride to the shops this afternoon. I've been off the bike with a stinking cold since Saturday.

Fonze

Totally obsessive , cool by nature
Took two days off and went today, was really looking forwards to it , so yes do look forward and buzz before I go ..
:bicycle:
Today was really miserable so you have to enjoy it to go out on the bike ..

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
So I am clock watching at work, counting down till 2pm when I can finish (and no I am not a part timer...been here since 6am :eek:!)

I swapped shifts with a workmate, purely, so I could make the most of the sun in Kent today, despite it being a tad chilly, and the wind being almost bearable.

I have been riddled with an annoying cold/cough since Sunday and it doesn't seem to be going away, despite lots of rest. I have around 11 miles left to reach my target this month so I decided to do it today...regardless of me coughing my lungs up!

I just wondered if anyone else gets all excited at the thought of going on their cycle beforehand?! I am buzzing! I think its probably because I have been resting since Sunday
:sad::cry::dry:
Don't do it.

If your bike was broken you wouldn't ride it till you had it fixed, treat your body the same or you'll risk making yourself worse.

Been there, done that.

PHL67

Veteran
Can't wait to start easing back into riding again in about 4 weeks as had my knee op last week.
Still on crutches at moment but gives me something to aim for.
Wrap up warm and you will be warm after first couple of miles.
Won't take long.

delb0y

Legendary Member
Yes, is the answer. I had the day off today and was really looking forward to a ride on account of I've just added a rack and a pannier to my bike so I can once again carry some decent camera kit around with me. But, alas, I got up, made a coffee, and started working on the latest book (*) whilst letting the rush hour traffic clear and never stopped working on the book until 17:00.

(*) Nothing professional or anything. Just another hobby.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2

I just wondered if anyone else gets all excited at the thought of going on their cycle beforehand?! I am buzzing! I think its probably because I have been resting since Sunday
:sad::cry::dry:
I do get a buzz when i see its not raining so a good day for it but i'm the boss so by about 10 am i'm thinking i'll go at lunch time . By about 3pm i realize it isn't going to happen as i still have loads to do and it all starts again tomorrow morning :sad:

mgs315

Yep. At the moment work has been busy so despite starting before it’s even remotely light and not being able to commute by bike due to needing too many tools and a 30 mile motorway trip in the way I don’t tend to get home with much more than 30 minutes before dark at the mo. Those days I do get away early on the drive home I have a smile on my face planning my ride depending on how much time I have and I’m very much looking forward to Friday as I’m working nights so I’ve got a full day to go about my cycling. Woo!

Top Bottom