Anyone else feel this?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albal

Guru
Don't do it.

If your bike was broken you wouldn't ride it till you had it fixed, treat your body the same or you'll risk making yourself worse.

Been there, done that.
Agree. Rode on Jan 28th, as I thought it would be OK, 60 miles, bad move, paid price with it getting on my chest, laid up until Feb 20th. Look after yourself.

Milzy

Guru
So I am clock watching at work, counting down till 2pm when I can finish (and no I am not a part timer...been here since 6am :eek:!)

I swapped shifts with a workmate, purely, so I could make the most of the sun in Kent today, despite it being a tad chilly, and the wind being almost bearable.

I have been riddled with an annoying cold/cough since Sunday and it doesn't seem to be going away, despite lots of rest. I have around 11 miles left to reach my target this month so I decided to do it today...regardless of me coughing my lungs up!

I just wondered if anyone else gets all excited at the thought of going on their cycle beforehand?! I am buzzing! I think its probably because I have been resting since Sunday
:sad::cry::dry:
I did a 24 mile tempo with a cold the other day. It’s made things worse. It won’t stop me from trying another 20 miles in the morning though.

Maenchi

StoneDog
excited ? buzz ? oh yeah ..:okay: i'm sure I remember an old cycling saying 'take it up the road' .....and leave your cold/cough out there, perhaps a light scarf to stop the cold air hitting your lungs could be a good thing.:bicycle:

OP
OP
Lavender Rose

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
@Charlotte, keep taking the vitamin C.

Hope your ride went to plan today. :bicycle:

The ride went very well thank you! I managed 11.3 miles before it started getting quite windy and a little late, I found people's driving got worse and worse as the ride went on - plus being in the countryside the roads are very muddy!

Don't do it.

If your bike was broken you wouldn't ride it till you had it fixed, treat your body the same or you'll risk making yourself worse.

Been there, done that.

I actually felt amazing when I got back - I coughed once while I was out and I definitely feel the fresh air did me good!

How are you getting on with the new bike Ms. B?

Sadly the new bike only got around 4 rides, then it was recalled by Specialized due to potential safety concerns for the carbon fork crown! It hasn't been ridden for around 3 or so months!! Their process has taken a while, but I am really hoping I get the bike back in time for duathlon season in May!

Fresh air wont hurt you..hope you managed the 11 and another 10 to make sure

See above...I did 11.3! hehe, a mile and a half more than needed! I have 3 x 6:15am starts at work, so I am planning on resting today!

OP
OP
Lavender Rose

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
Can't wait to start easing back into riding again in about 4 weeks as had my knee op last week.
Still on crutches at moment but gives me something to aim for.
Wrap up warm and you will be warm after first couple of miles.
Won't take long.

Aww you poor thing :-( Yes not being able to do exercise kills me, It's like telling a child they can't play with something :laugh:

Bf bought me some awesome gloves for Xmas:
GripGrab-Ride-Windproof-Gloves-Winter-Gloves-Black-105401013.jpg

And I have invested in Decathlon Men's football base layers! Funny I know, but they are the absolute sh*t - not expensive,super warm and have thumb holes so they slip over my above gloves!........... £12.99!!
big_37cfb9be-4644-42fa-9014-8bdc5bba6c56.jpg

I don't mind the cold - but afterwards I just produce loads of mucus for days after - I don't get a runny nose but I get very sore throat - not helped by the job I do which requires that I talk alot.
Anyway I had had nominal success with the following potion:-
  • Take 1 Orange
  • Take 1 chunk of ginger
  • Stick it all in a blender and add a touch of water
If you want the extreme version - do the above but add 2-3 cloves of garlic to the potion !

OP
OP
Lavender Rose

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
I don't mind the cold - but afterwards I just produce loads of mucus for days after - I don't get a runny nose but I get very sore throat - not helped by the job I do which requires that I talk alot.
Anyway I had had nominal success with the following potion:-
  • Take 1 Orange
  • Take 1 chunk of ginger
  • Stick it all in a blender and add a touch of water
If you want the extreme version - do the above but add 2-3 cloves of garlic to the potion !

OMG that sounds funky! Hehe, yes I work as a receptionist so I am talking all day too! I feel it gets progressively worse as the day goes on - especially when people move my water bottle from the desk!

OMG that sounds funky! Hehe, yes I work as a receptionist so I am talking all day too! I feel it gets progressively worse as the day goes on - especially when people move my water bottle from the desk!

Give it a whirl - Its only 50p royalties per glass ! (75p for the extreme version)

D

Deleted member 1258

I've had my riding disrupted due to my Good lady being unwell for the last few months, a stressful time. I've just been fitting in rides in where I can find time, short rides, long rides, anything I can manage. I've been getting twitchy when I can't ride, but when I can its been an excellent stress buster and has been helping me cope.

OP
OP
Lavender Rose

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
Exactly, I refer to Lana Del Rey's song Ride, where she says "When I am at war with myself, I ride, I just ride" - I know shes referring to cars, but I always use it to refer to my cycling! hehe

Top Bottom