anyone else having problems with Halifax online banking?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Stupid idea, is it your house phone blocking the number? Some modern phones block unknown callers at the phone after ringing through the provider. Can you try a spare or different phone and see what happens?

OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Stupid idea, is it your house phone blocking the number? Some modern phones block unknown callers at the phone after ringing through the provider. Can you try a spare or different phone and see what happens?
if you read the thread... you'll know that my phone isn't blocking any numbers.

I
if you read the thread... you'll know that my phone isn't blocking any numbers.

I did read the thread, what I mean is not your phone provider who could be allowing the call through but the actual handset blocking the call so it doesn’t ring. A lot of phone are sold with spam caller blocks on them. I was wondering if that could be the problem as the bank is saying the outbound call is been made.

D

Deleted member 26715

The issue is their system and my landline so changing the number to one that isn't my landline will prove nothing. No one else seems to have a problem calling my landline and I'm 100% certain that no unknown or withheld numbers are being blocked because I've been in touch with the PO about it. If i did change it to my mobile and it works, I'm then stuck with having to use my mobile, which is less secure, which i don't want.
Sorry to disagree but you're incorrect & have proved nothing, other than you are on this occasion unwilling to help yourself. You believe you know what you think is think is the problem & you are not prepared to assist Halifax nor the PO, presumably Post Office (who do not have their own telephone network nor are they a CP or RH) to find out where the real fault is. Good luck with it.

Why do you have a problem with them using your mobile to send you a code for two factor authentication? They would only be sending it because you had initiated the process so a cloned number issue wouldn’t be relevant? You could still ignore anything else which you didn’t expect

Alex H

Legendary Member
Why do you have a problem with them using your mobile to send you a code for two factor authentication? They would only be sending it because you had initiated the process so a cloned number issue wouldn’t be relevant? You could still ignore anything else which you didn’t expect

That's about the only thing I ever use my mobile for :laugh:

OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

Just out of curiosity what make of phone is it?
it's a binatone that doesn't have a call blocking feature on the handset... so no call blocking on the phone, no call blocking by my provider, no call blocking at all as far as i can make out

D

Deleted member 26715

it's a binatone that doesn't have a call blocking feature on the handset... so no call blocking on the phone, no call blocking by my provider, no call blocking at all as far as i can make out
But unless you are prepared to make a test, then that's all it is, 'as far as you know', which with due respect is not a certainty. As I have previously advised, changed the number to another landline/mobile it doesn't matter, make a test, you can always change it back immediately afterwards.

OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

But unless you are prepared to make a test, then that's all it is, 'as far as you know', which with due respect is not a certainty. As I have previously advised, changed the number to another landline/mobile it doesn't matter, make a test, you can always change it back immediately afterwards.
it's a bit like suggesting, in order to find out why my bike is squeaking or creaking, that i try a different bike to see if the problem goes away.

D

Deleted member 26715

it's a bit like suggesting, in order to find out why my bike is squeaking or creaking, that i try a different bike to see if the problem goes away.
Sorry I'm out, this just goes to prove you haven't a clue what you are talking about & not prepared to have any help, good luck ever getting it fixed.

No I don't think that is the same.
My advice is to give up on the house phone and accept the risk (I don't believe its a significant one) and use your mobile.
You don't appear to have a choice!

Top Bottom