anyone else seen these tyres before

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tommaguzzi

Über Member
I am in Beijing at the moment
20181009_114526.jpg
and spotted these solid tyres with holes fitted to a rental bike.
I have never see them before and thought you lot might be interested.

Geez looks pretty good for me. I have to run slime in my tyres because of the Double Gees ( Lil sharp and hard spikes). I have to stop and pull them out or my tyre will slowly go flat. Thanks for sharing Tommaguzzi.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
There are similar tyres on the wheels of some of the hire bikes in Oxford.

788328D6-B315-4122-9B44-BF99A8CF9839.jpeg

Last edited:

Smudge

Veteran
Anyone tried the Tannus solid tyres ? I've read mixed reviews about them.
Been tempted to try them myself, but at over £100 they could be an expensive try out.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Anyone tried the Tannus solid tyres ? I've read mixed reviews about them.
Been tempted to try them myself, but at over £100 they could be an expensive try out.

@Andrew_Culture has a blog review of the tyres, HERE

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Puncture proof but already look as though splits are starting in the rubber emanating from the 'suspension' holes.
I guess their focus is lack of punctures for hirers coupled with a more comfortable ride than a full solid tyre.

They can always change out the tyres when the splits become a problem. I'm guessing the bike could be ridden with quite a few collapsed suspension holes

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I guess their focus is lack of punctures for hirers coupled with a more comfortable ride than a full solid tyre.

They can always change out the tyres when the splits become a problem. I'm guessing the bike could be ridden with quite a few collapsed suspension holes
That's what I was thinking too. Much more cost effective to replace tyres early than have lots of bikes out of service due to punctures and the man hours that would involve rectifying the problem. I just don't think they would be a good option for someone using a bike privately for higher mileage leisure or commute riding?

Smudge

Veteran
If i were using a bike for commuting, i'd definitely give them a go. I wouldn't use them on my ebikes, due to the higher possibility of spoke breakage on ebikes.

Top Bottom