Anyone else still spending money on their 26" wheel bike.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JhnBssll

Veteran
2 of my 3 MTB's are 26ers and I'm still buying bits for both of them :becool:

clockworksimon

Über Member
Just got some new kool stop brake blocks for my mid 90s Orange Clockwork. Got a sheared rear dropout replaced and frame builder agreed it is worth keeping in good working order.

Have repurposed it as a tourer / ‘gravel’ / winter bike by switching to narrower tyres, larger chainrings and rigid fork. Ride it about as much as my modern mtb and road bike.

Some mods upcoming on the Trek 800 Sport, new pedals fitted. To come, new rear wheel, cassette, chain, s/h bars, shifters and rd. Will give a lowest gear of 28/34. Might even take that lower with a new chainset in future.

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
I just bought a second hand 26" MTB as my first foray into the world of MTB/ off road riding, seemed to do the job to a complete novice.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Just bought a new rear tyre as my last one mysteriously blew up on the weekend, while the bike was stood in the hallway. I must check that tyre gauge

My Ridgeback Expedition is 26inch. Only had a couple of years. Great bike. Yes, spending money, why not, I expect it to outlive me. It will be getting some Spa built Rigida Sputniks in time. I am building up spares, but not because I think they will become unavailable.

I even treated it to a £2.99 pot of humbrol racing green paint after I did some disastrous scratching, and a ding, by leaning it against a concretre pole and letting it slip. No problem, battle scars.

Last edited:
Top Bottom