Anyone else struggle with the heat?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Y

yello

No, it do an indirect measurement, something like time spent exercising above a certain temp. It can’t measure sweat rate and salt content and blood volume which change with acclimatisation etc.

Yeah, I kinda realised.... just me feigning mock something-or-other. :smile:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I cannot handle the heat. Anything over 25c really has me but even 20+ is getting uncomfortable. And I don't just mean don't like, I reckon I start to have something akin to system malfunction! I walked the dog this morning, I thought it'd be cooler/fresher after a thunderstorm, but it was muggy and I noticed I was both tiring and becoming irritable.

I don't ride July and August as a rule, unless very early and then only 60 - 90 minutes. Just seen a group of blokes ride past, some shirtless, and it's maybe 28 or 30 out. No way would I be out. I hide inside during the day!

Used to be fine when I was younger, could ride a good distance and hike for hours in the heat.

Cannot tolerate it these days (age 66) and I now avoid intense sun wherever possible.

Starsax

We've had an unusual heat dome with higher than normal humidity sitting over us for a couple of months here in west Texas. The highs have generally been 38-43 C. That's rare, even for us. Back in my twenties and thirties I commuted on bike commuted on days like that. Now that I'm sixty, the bikes are in the house except early mornings

Top Bottom