ANyone else

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
Howards Way?

Fnaar

Smutmaster General

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Yep you can modify them to be 'bridged' but you lose the safety aspect of them being able to take a dead short with no damage, if however like me you have a pair of speakers with 4 terminals in the back you can (after removing the 'shorting bar' connecters) run one channel to each speaker. You then 'common' the inputs in the 4 pin DIN plugs on each 303 so that you have each amp only receiving a mono signal. This results in slightly more volume (not much though) but more importantly better stereo seperation and hence better imaging and more 'headroom'on the amplifier so it deals with transients better'
I've been running a pair wired like this for 15-16yrs with at first my 33 pre- amp and now a 44

Quad 001.JPG

Alex321

Veteran
Yep you can modify them to be 'bridged' but you lose the safety aspect of them being able to take a dead short with no damage, if however like me you have a pair of speakers with 4 terminals in the back you can (after removing the 'shorting bar' connecters) run one channel to each speaker. You then 'common' the inputs in the 4 pin DIN plugs on each 303 so that you have each amp only receiving a mono signal. This results in slightly more volume (not much though) but more importantly better stereo seperation and hence better imaging and more 'headroom'on the amplifier so it deals with transients better'
I've been running a pair wired like this for 15-16yrs with at first my 33 pre- amp and now a 44

Was this intended to be posted here?

Top Bottom