Anyone ever been to Club la Santa?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

domtyler

Über Member
My clubbing days finished years ago Paul, sorry, can't help. ;)

Yep! Been there twice: 1997 and 1998.

There is a great variety of activities for all types of sportsmen: tennis, windsurfing and surfing, badminton, athletics, swimming, excellent gym, boxing, aerobics/step etc., cycling, of course, plus many more activities.

The food/restaurant was good (10 years ago, remember since I was last there); the appartments were a bit basic, but practical and comfortable.

I'd certainly recommend it to someone who wanted a sporty/active holiday, but make sure it's with a like-minded person; it's out on its own a longish way from bars, shops and night clubs etc.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I haven't been there, but a friend who cycled on Lanzarote said that it was really windy every day. She said that she was "sand-blasted by black volcanic ash"! Not sure that I'd fancy that... The sports facilities at the club are supposed to be really good though.

Never stayed at La Santa, but I did take my bike with me on a family holiday to Lanzarote last year. Decided to ride to it one day, like a previous post said, lots of wind on Lanzarote, and the main road out of La Santa is a brute. It's about 6km to the first intersection, then if you decide to go straight on it's around a further 4-6km continuous climb until your legs get a break. It left me with no doubts at all about why so many pro teams use it for winter training.
Overall I found it a fantastic experience, the roads are (generally) superb, and the drivers give you lots of respect when passing.
I got a few punctures running GP4000's but I guess with all the volcanic material being used as aggregate it's not really surprising, take plenty tubes, patches, cO2 and sunscreen.
:thumbsup:

Svendo

Guru
Stayed there a couple of years ago. Agree with whats said above. The resort is Danish owned I think, and has a lot of Danish stuff in the shop, pickled fish, Aquavit etc., which I liked as I'm 1/4 Danish!
The Danes have a different start day, and when I was there the Hard Group ride was the second day. I'd been ill and was woefully unprepared for the 100% HR and dizzyness the pace gave me on that climb Tinajo.
I bailed there with another rider and we did a slightly shorter route at a slightly lesser pace. Guides checked we were Ok on our own before leaving us. Apparently, quite a few were dropped over the course of the ride, although riders either carried on by themselves or waited for the guide with the grupetto, so no one was abandoned unwillingly.
The Medium ride which was later in the week that was fine, as I'd got some condition back by then.
The buffet restaurant we went to was really good, plenty of cyclist-food and trate food too, although it was a bit of a scramble for the nice pudds.
I can also recommend the doctor, I had a spill the first day as I day dreamed along and caught the edge of a freshly laid but not yet painted road. Volcanic rock Aggregate is sharp! He treated the road rash well and I was out next day with dressings, I had three changes and it was about £60.
I paid extra to rent a full carbon bike, which was a cannondale with 105. Got to have the bike to myself all week, so could leave my saddle on and didn't have to faff about with pedals and settings each day. The included in the price bikes were fine too, well maintained and Alloy frames with carbon rear triangle and 105 IIRC.

Top Bottom