Anyone ever moved homes to facilitate their cycling lifestyle?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
I too live on the top of a bloody steep hill. After a year of cycling up it (albeit at weekends) I thought it would get easier, but it has not. I have to plan the length of my rides so that I know I have enough left in the tank to get up the hill. We have our house for sale but not for cycling reasons. When we have sold, I certainly will not miss the hill. In fact, when we go I am thinking of making a sign and concreting it into the ground "Doodah's Hell".
My lovely neighbour (now departed) used to say he was going to campaign for the council to put an escalator in on our hill!

Lee_M

Guru
interesting thread. i am 51 and me and the missus are looking to move out of London in the next few years, and we are looking to move to somewhere like North Wales or the Peak District so I can have some hills to climb! fed up with the flatness that is London/essex

al78

Guru
One of the factors in choosing my current home was that it was in the optimum location both for being able to get to work and accessing the facilities of Horsham by bicycle.

mchunt

Not in past as last time I moved my job was 10 minutes walk away and didn't have a good bike, next place will have to be suitable to store the bikes and have good broadband for my job.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Not really, but I did choose where to live based on cycling, walking and trains. The downside of this is I could only afford a really small flat being as it's five minutes from the Metropolitan station.

It's cheaper where I work, but then my commute would be too short (and I'm too lazy to go the long way around)

Top Bottom