Anyone fancy a '74 Citroen DS?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Was looking at one in the flesh just a few days ago while on holiday in France. It wasn't as highly polished/restored as the one in the picture above but after walking around it several times while admiring its stylish lines I couldn't see a single bubble of rust in the pale blue metallic paintwork. It was just really, really classy without being ostentatious.
My younger brother insisted on having his picture taken with it :rolleyes:

screenman

Legendary Member
We had one back in about 1979/80 paid £50 for it, if I remember correctly.

We also run Citroens for about 20 years and only replaced one £25 cylinder in all that time. For us they were great value reliable cars to run.

U

User6179

My mother had a Citroen Ami in the early 70s , bought brand new and scrapped about 3 years later , The dog could hear it coming from about a mile away ,
When it wouldn't start you got the starter handle out the boot and cranked it manually at the engine :biggrin:
citroen%201976%20ami-13.jpg

Brandane

Legendary Member
We had a GS estate when I was a boy. I remember going to pick it up at the factory somewhere outside Paris in July 1973, then having a touring holiday of Normandy before bringing the car back to the UK on the ferry from Cherbourg. The car was then taken to Jamaica (where we lived at the time) and the hydro-pneumatic suspension system earned it's keep on the roads which resembled those of 21st century Scotland.
I don't remember it being particularly ugly at the time, but fashions change!

12740463595_2f036f2898_b.jpg

How much!

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Citroën were the last of the innovative bonkers different and interesting affordable car makers. I had a BX and loved it until I got hit head on and it was written off.

The DS is a thing of proper beauty, I'm another that has just had a little moment over it.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Beautiful, there was a convertible on there recently...............I often look at "Citroen" under classic cars on Ebay and as much as Iike & want a DS, it's an SM I really want. An early girlfriend's dad had a 1982 CX that she used to take me out in, with the silly tumbler speedo, a totally bonkers car, I wish cars today were like that instead flabby blobs.

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8005/7634960030_e11889a5c0_o.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-S...7da8a1&pid=100005&rk=3&rkt=18&sd=131899903602

sm.jpg

Top Bottom