Anyone fancy a forum ride, Forest of Bowland, Sun 20th July or Sun 17th August?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Christopher

Über Member
hi Colin
I know that car park! Anyway put me down as a provisional yes for the July date, I'll ask for permission from Herself this w/e and let you know what she says..

ASC1951

Guru
ColinJ said:
I tell you what... I really like this FoB route so I'll ride it again in August for those who can't make the July date, how about that :becool:? It could be Sunday 10th or the 17th or the 24th. Any preferences?
Don't feel you have to repeat it for us - I should get off my lardy backside and go and do it anyway.

But I know I won't, so 10th or 17th August are both fine for me at the moment, Colin.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
ASC1951 said:
Don't feel you have to repeat it for us - I should get off my lardy backside and go and do it anyway.

But I know I won't, so 10th or 17th August are both fine for me at the moment, Colin.
Well, before my cycling buddy emigrated to Spain we used to ride the FoB 5 or 6 times every summer so doing it twice isn't exactly a problem!

I'd be quite happy to do it again, providing the weather isn't like today's - wet and windy! Looks like it might have to be a turbo-session today :angry:.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

ASC1951 said:

Someone on BikeRadar is suggesting the 17th or 24th so it looks like the repeat ride will be on August 17th then.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Frustruck said:
Colin
Have you heard from Blonde, or Mr Blonde (mrushton) at all? They used to be on here but no more...:biggrin:
Actually I got an email from them this morning telling me about their latest trip to the Alps. I don't think that they are ignoring us, I think that it's more a case of spending time actually cycling rather than just coming on here and reading/writing about it, unlike some of us (e.g. me) :biggrin:!!

It looks like they will probably be coming along for the July 20th ride :smile:.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

andyfromotley said:
yes i will be making up the rear on the 17th august..........god help me!

andy
Okay Andy, I've added you to the August list.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

bonj said:
i think i might be up for the 20th july one... can you pencil me in if i'd be welcome? :smile:
Will do, and of course you'd be welcome.

My fitness isn't what it should be. I've put on a lot of weight so I feel slightly nervous about the ride but I'm looking forward to it.

PS - you'd get to see your old Arione saddle in action!

bonj2

:smile:

nice one

sounds further than i normally ride, but slower - but that's probably a good thing as I think if i tried to ride that distance on my own I'd probably go haring it off and knacker myself out!

In trouble

Me and the wife are intersted, for the aug 17th, just got to get the time off work first. Cheers.

Be a good start as we will have had our first road bikes for about......1 month :0)

Top Bottom