Anyone fancy riding out to Birmingham from London on Monday 1 July?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That route goes right through my village, Fringford,

Fringford, as in "Larkrise to Candleford"?!!

It's a nice little village. Very friendly folk at the Butcher's Arms - the landlady admitted to having a thing for blokes in lycra.

kimble

Veteran
*perks up*

I'm going to be off the bike for medical reasons for a while, but I'll keep an eye on this thread. I can't see myself being strong enough for the whole thing by then, but if I'm in a state to join in for a later part of the route (and not otherwise busy) I could maybe hop on a train to Banbury or Stratford or curry or something...

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Fringford, as in "Larkrise to Candleford"?!!

It's a nice little village. Very friendly folk at the Butcher's Arms - the landlady admitted to having a thing for blokes in lycra.

That's the place, though I don't go in the Butchers, I don't like the landlady.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
A COG ride?
1: I wonder if he will actually turn up for it.
2: Get your faffing about practice done now.

:whistle::laugh:

Wobblers

Euthermic
[QUOTE 2501443, member: 1314"]Cheers MacW/FD.

Everyone happy with the route? FD's to Banbury. MacW's from Banbury. Me, Davy, FD and a.n.others leave HPC, meet Carl in Fringford.

In terms of timings - well, that depends on what time you lot want to get to Brum, then we can do some reverse engineering. I'm easy as to time of arrival as I'm staying over, but you lot will want to head back by a certain time I'm sure.

MacW - fancy a curry in the evening?[/quote]

I'm not quite sure who MacW is.... :smile: but...

Banbury's got a reasonable Wetherspoons should the need for beer/food take you, and the Chiltern trains to Birmingham make for a good bail out option as long as it's before 4 pm. I'll have a think about the route - I'm sure there's unnecessary hills that can be avoided - but I do have to warn you that you're talking to someone who has the sense of direction of a small stone, and lacks a gps... Just saying, like...

Curry would be good. Assuming we actually manage to find Birmingham, that is...

[QUOTE 2501443, member: 1314"]Cheers MacW/FD.

Everyone happy with the route? FD's to Banbury. MacW's from Banbury. Me, Davy, FD and a.n.others leave HPC, meet Carl in Fringford.

In terms of timings - well, that depends on what time you lot want to get to Brum, then we can do some reverse engineering. I'm easy as to time of arrival as I'm staying over, but you lot will want to head back by a certain time I'm sure.
[/quote]

I'll be meeting you on the way, rather than HPC. My HS2 route doesn't need to go into Banbury, so we may be better going north of there, whilst Kim's Rollright's route has a big loop west of Banbury, so we'd join onto it much nearer to Birmingham. I'll try and work on 1 combined route tonight. Looks like about 125 miles in total though.

Top Bottom