Anyone fancy riding out to Birmingham from London on Monday 1 July?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
I think I will plan to meet FD in Chalfont St Giles, as going through that much concrete jungle does my head in, and await there. Ill aim to get there in reasonable time to afford brekkie No2.

Then, after lunch, ill turn around and cycle home. I want to go all the way, but after re-building the geared bike at the weekend, I soon found out I need to make some changes to go long distance, which, alas, will have to wait till payday.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Do you have an ETA for suburbs of Birmingham? Would love to join you but I have no flexibility on work for that week of July, as too many other people are off. I tend to be home around 6:30 - 7:00, but that is centralish Brum, coming in from the NE.

I've tweaked the route a bit, to iron out some of the hills, so I've reduced the climbing by about 6%, and got the mileage down to 129 miles (based on starting from Euston).

The amended route is shown here.

As to an ETA in Birmingham, it all depends upon when the London contingent actually start! Assuming they set off say from Feltham around 8:30, then they should meet me in Chalfont St Giles just after 10:30, so we should be in Waddesdon for lunch about 12:45. I think we'd get to Fringford at 2:50, and get to the centre of Birmingham 6:45 - 7 pm.

Wobblers

Euthermic
[QUOTE 2517620, member: 1314"]I'll get mob numbers cc'ed in a few days and firm up ETAs.

Cheers all.

Where are we going for a curry, MacW?[/quote]

I'll probably meet you somewhere close to your detour of Banbury (doing 80 miles before lunch is a bit beyond my endurance at the moment), unless the weather's pish in which case I'll meet you where you detour round Stratford.

As for curry, it depends on what people are planning on doing once we reach Birmingham. I don't know of any good places in the city centre (which isn't to say that there aren't any!) and I suspect the rather good place literally 3 minutes walk from my house may not be a popular choice. If there are a few people wanting food before going home the Wetherspoon on Temple Row's probably the safest option for something passable with reasonably quick service.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I'll probably meet you somewhere close to your detour of Banbury (doing 80 miles before lunch is a bit beyond my endurance at the moment), unless the weather's pish in which case I'll meet you where you detour round Stratford.

As for curry, it depends on what people are planning on doing once we reach Birmingham. I don't know of any good places in the city centre (which isn't to say that there aren't any!) and I suspect the rather good place literally 3 minutes walk from my house may not be a popular choice. If there are a few people wanting food before going home the Wetherspoon on Temple Row's probably the safest option for something passable with reasonably quick service.

No wonder you're still asleep at lunchtime.....

Top Bottom