Anyone feel comfy in pink?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
If you want to come across as a wannabe drugs baron, wear what you want. ^_^

Why do you have a Columbia jersey?

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Pink clothing for men and orange too are often non sellers and end up on the reduced rail if you are not afraid of what some jerk might say regarding your sexuality go for it. I have a yellow jersey (bargain rail) and some berk bust a gut to overtake me because he thought I was posing.

Might've been me. I can't help it.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
If you want to come across as a wannabe drugs baron, wear what you want. ^_^

Why do you have a Columbia jersey?

I like bright coloured jerseys as you can tell by me thinking about a pink one The Colombia jersey was for sale alongside matching bib shorts the other year in a LBS. I bought the jersey but not the shorts as i don't wear matching jerseys and shorts,i always wear plain black shorts. I liked it because it was a bit different and yes maybe some motorists might back off thinking if they give me trouble i'll whip out an Uzi 9mm and waste 'em!:laugh: I bet the shops owner wasn't too pleased about the assistant just selling the jersey and not the shorts as well, as i went back a few months later and they were still there. I think they were meant to be sold as a set.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
According to The Internet, the whole pink for girls thing is a modern trend. Up until the late nineteenth century, pink was most definitely a boys colour and blue was for girls as it represented Mary the Mother of God. If I'd read that in the Daily Mail i wouldn't have believed it, but i read it on The Internet, so it must have some truth in it.

I wore pink, yellow & various other colours at the same time..................... whilst riding a (partially) pink bike

1990s. Day-Glow Commuting. 1993.jpg I

Even after I had it resprayed, it was still partially pink..

1990s. 531 Pink.jpg

Even now, I'd still like one of those 'neon pink' Planet X frames, I almost bought one, but was talked into a Ridley instead by my 'LBS'

http://www.planetx.co.uk/readers-rides/your-ride/q/2630121224_sol-w_pink-panther

ayceejay

Guru
Perhaps time for my 'pink' story.
I was designing a garden for a lady in the posh part of town, I did the structural stuff to her satisfaction but I couldn't shift her away from her choice of all pink flowering plants no matter how hard I tried. Her husband had been listening at a distance and when he showed me out he asked in a hushed tone "I s'pose you know why women like pink so much" I didn't have an answer but it didn't matter, he continued "because that is the colour of the labia" he said seriously.
It is also the colour of several other body parts but like a coward I said "mmnn something to think about."
Jhe garden turned out well but when it came to planting I couldn't help blushing. I called it my gynecological garden.

turbopercy

DSC_0099-1.jpg I would wear that without hesitation mind you i am openly pink fan after putting flouro pink wheels on my white subaru

sackville d

Veteran
DSCF4375.JPG
Hmmm....not sure about the shirt but I used to rock these bad boys 20 years ago,bought from the late, great Duggie Mansfield in Mytholmroyd .
Surely a homage to the Giro.Why not play it safe and get the Rosso. I got the Molteni in blacki ss shirt and the quality is top notch.

Last edited:

machew

Veteran
An article in the trade publication Earnshaw's Infants' Department in June 1918 said
"The generally accepted rule is pink for the boys, and blue for the girls. The reason is that pink, being a more decided and stronger color, is more suitable for the boy, while blue, which is more delicate and dainty, is prettier for the girl"

SteCenturion

I am your Father
I just the other day ordered a pink 'Brevet' long sleeve jersey/gilet combo from the Rapha sale, can't wait to get it.

Missed out on the jersey I really wanted though, the Rapha Cross jersey, very noisy.

Do I care what anyone says ?

They might though.

SteCenturion

I am your Father

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I've had both a pink city bike (KHS- at one time, a common color in their inventory) and a pink Schwinn Prelude, as well as a dark pinkish color Schwinn Passage. In the States, though, pink is mostly associated with finding a cure for women's breast cancer and the Susan Komen Foundation, at least among runners and cyclists. Oh, and I have a pink orchid as well.

Top Bottom