Anyone for York?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Wiiiiiillllll!!!

Danny

Legendary Member
Unfortunately missed most of this year's rally even though I only live 500 metres away :smile:

Spent most of Saturday shopping and tidying the house in advance of a week long visitation from relatives, and spent Sunday looking after said relatives.

The only time I had to go across to the rally it was absolutely pouring with rain and not conducive to hanging about.

Had hoped to meet Arch at last, but the only person on the Velo Vision stand when I went by was a bloke. As Arch hasn't mentioned having a sex change I assumed this must be someone else.

And to cap off the weekend, when I snuck out for a ride late on Sunday, on the excuse of urgently needing to buy some biscuits from a nearby Co-op, I was nearly blown off my bike by the gale force winds.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Dannyg said:
Had hoped to meet Arch at last, but the only person on the Velo Vision stand when I went by was a bloke. As Arch hasn't mentioned having a sex change I assumed this must be someone else.

I expect that'll have been The Editor then... I was probably on a tea/hog roast fetching mission... Sorry to miss you - I know you live in that area, and I often wonder when I'm over that way if I'm riding past you, or your house.

Sorry to miss you too Velocidad - Pete said he'd seen you. I think we're starting to need a CC York Rally!

Apparently, on our way over to set up on Friday, a VV reader spotted me and recognised me from being in the mag, and then spotted Pete's bike and recognised it from the mag, so worked out the bloke on it must be Pete. I suppose at least he noticed me, not my bike!:smile:

Amanda P

Legendary Member
Someone should count up the number of appearances Pete's bike has made in the magazine. We've probably seen it more often than we've seen him.

I was sorry to hear it was thinking of retiring - I've got quite fond of it. Perhaps we could have a whip round to buy it a new coat of paint?

Perhaps it could have its own fan club?

Arch

Married to Night Train
Uncle Phil said:
Someone should count up the number of appearances Pete's bike has made in the magazine. We've probably seen it more often than we've seen him.

I was sorry to hear it was thinking of retiring - I've got quite fond of it. Perhaps we could have a whip round to buy it a new coat of paint?

I think the frame will end up going up on a wall somewhere. The bits will continue to change at regular intervals, according to what stuff's in for review.

I have suggested a This is Your Life photo feature...:wacko:

We realised that over the course of the rally we had several cover models present. We should have arranged a mass signing. Of course the one person who hasn't been on the cover is The Editor himself...

Cathryn said:
We should have had some kind of identification thing - like a hoodie with our names on.

But that would take so much fun away...me and Jane are still giggling about the meeting in the pub in york when spandex introduced himself at full volume with "Hi, I'm Spandex!" - the people around us nearly fell of their barstools because their heads snapped round so quickly! :sad:

(Although I like the hoodie idea! :wacko:)

Arch

Married to Night Train
The Velo Vision illustrated report is up now, if anyone would like a look:

http://www.velovision.co.uk/cgi-bin/show_comments.pl?storynum=923

Oh, that ICE Borealis. Oh, oh, oh. It looks like it's doing 150mph, just sitting still. I've never hankered for a velomobile before - apart from anything else, you'd need a decent garage to store it, and it's getting to be more like a car than a bike in traffic terms. But, oh how I want one now!

<drifts off into ludicrous reverie>

byegad

Legendary Member
Uncle Phil said:
Someone should count up the number of appearances Pete's bike has made in the magazine. We've probably seen it more often than we've seen him...edit....Perhaps it could have its own fan club?

:biggrin:Well it has been said that it's better looking than Peter!;)

Arch

Married to Night Train
Great quote form my mate Seamus. The Blacks tent guy apparently said "our tents aren't built for this" and Seamus said "What, the summer?"

So what bargain did you get?

Uncle Phil said:

If you take off the paint to repaint it, it will fall to bits

Top Bottom