Anyone for York?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LLB

domtyler said:
Unbe-frigging-lievable!!

After all you come out with and you're driving one of the biggest, brashest 4x4's you can buy! ;):angry::blush::angry:

ToyotaLcruiserAmazon-New15307200311440.jpg

http://www.whatcar.co.uk/car-review/toyota-lcruiser-amazon-4x4/476/

Typical mega monied lawyer, Drive what you like, money no object :ohmy:

postman

Legendary Member
I was there wearing the CC training top.Had a great time.My first visit.Will go armed with some serious money next time.There are some great bargains.Shame about the weather left just as it began to rain heavy.Saw some of our fellow chatters.Arch was looking well and tanned.Nice to see her again,Uncle Phil had his camera out.Another competition coming up ? Also please forgive this If i am wrong ,Spandex from Company of Cyclists.And we will visit your HQ.

Night Train

Maker of Things
domtyler said:
What happened to you moving to the South Coast btw?
We have been thinking about it and considering all things taken into account it isn't going to happen.
In the NW I have a life, a huge 7 bed house that is under going work to make it into flats for an income, a teaching career, my workshop, my friends and social life, my elderly parents I brought up here to be closer to and so many more things I have taken for granted.
Going south gives me 10-12 hour working days, 6 days a week. That makes the money less attractive especially given the cost of accommodation. It also means that I work and sleep and never come home as it wouldn't be worth it for one day a week.

Also I have met a woman I really like up here and I am trying to find out if she likes me. If I went south then I would end up with a relationship that would, at some point be, 250 miles away regardless of which end of the country I met her in. It was hard enough when a previous gf was 120 miles away.

Sob.....

managed to get there, had a mooch around for a bit.

Bit windy wasn't it?

Got back to car........to find a branch laying on it.:?:

No dents but lots of paint scratches from rear passenger doors backwards. And I've only had it 2 months.

TVC

I drove into York city this morning (party in Pocklington last night).

Damn cyclists everywhere, what a nusence, shouldn't be allowed... they must be made to pay tax like proper road users... etc,etc...:?::ohmy:

It looked like fun, though I didn't envy you riding in that gale.

john59

Guru
Went today. Made £220.00 in the ‘saddle bag sale’ and spent ½ of this on items in the trade show:evil:. Now to find some room in my overflowing wardrobe.

John

Think its going to take a bit more than T-cut in a couple of areas :wacko:
Have to find a bodyshop tomorrow and see what they think.
Cue sucking in of breath through teeth etc.

Thanks fo the sympathy anyway

Arch

Married to Night Train
Aw, I'm sorry I missed you Cathryn - I do tend to see most of the people I know at the rally, and they all seem to come in waves...

I managed not to spend much - just got a long sleeved top to replace the one that is so old it has holes in it. Didn't do the VV ride in the end, couldn't face getting wetter, but the night before I had an entertaining curry with a small Velovisionary crowd, including Mike Burrows, always an educational experience, and I did blag a go in the faired Trice. Oh, I want, I so want.. And with a bit of luck, I'll be able to have a go on the Velo Vision review ICE bike, with the boom right in, and platform soles on...

I did manage to chat to Postman and his mates (who had more bags every time I saw them) and to Hubgearfreak, and User and Uncle Phil, and Butterfly.. and probably more, apologies if I've missed you off the list....

Plus, there were some classic beards on display.:biggrin:

went up on the sat. a combination of factors stopped me riding there, so jumped on the train instead. found it a bit of an anti-climax, but that's more about me than the show, going on me tod didn't help.
tried hard to get a go on the ice bike but was told they weren't letting people ride it. so was a bit peeved to see others having a go later on.
got my velovisionary t-shirts, worth going just for them :smile:
saw arch at the velovision stand, and really wanted to say hello, but she always looked a bit busy.:biggrin: had hoped to see butterfly too, but no sign of her.

cheers, velocidad.

Amanda P

Legendary Member
I was there. I can't deny it now!

I probably met some other forummers (besides the ones who mentioned me!) - but didn't know they were forummers. We need some sort of identification... Lee and his yellow velomobile are pretty unmistakeable, so although I didn't talk to him, I saw him last year. Velocidad had a flag with his forum handle on it...

Could we get CycleChat tops with our forum names on the backs, maybe...?

Spent too much money, but I have the excuse that I'm fixing up a bike for Mrs Uncle Phil and it needs lots of parts. Honest. And lots of them were bargains from the saddlebag sale. The demo track at the back of the exhibition tent was quiet in the rain, so I finally got a go on a Pino - and better still, they've got one in Ilkley that Mrs Uncle Phil and I can try when she's back.

Sorry to have missed you, Cathryn.

Had a long chat with Jon Hodkin, the Inner Tuba guy, about the perils of transporting large musical instruments by bicycle, and thanks to the weather, caught his kids show. Wonderful.

Oh yes, and caught up with Banjokat on a "slow" ride on Saturday. For a slow ride, it was pretty brisk at times!

Top Bottom