Anyone from HARROW or BRENT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ravi

hi i am looking for a cycling club based either in Harrow or Brent. i don't mind meeting anyone with the same interest of cycling, and joining me for a bike ride.

Hello ravi - have you tried popping into Quest Bikes in North Harrow - on the main parade there? They could probably point you in the right direction for people local to you. Otherwise, it is not far from Harrow to Richmond Park...and other venues for cycling nuts. Maybe try the CTC for a few organised rides or get sorted out for a CycleChat 'London' ride.:biggrin:

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Yep, those are the rides to which Aperitif is referring. There's also one tomorrow morning in London (Herne Hill to Bromley, separate thread called 'Interim Hilly ride' or something).

OP
OP
R

ravi

thanks for all your replies guys, but i believe (after viewing the pics) i might be a little bit younger (just 19) for the uxbridge loiterers group. althogh i did do research for surrounding clubs, and i have browsed this club earlier.

thanks again
Ravi
Frustruck said:
hi ravi
My missus lives in Harrow and sometimes rides with the Uxbrige Loiterers:
http://www.uxbridgeloiterersctc.org.uk/

they are a CTC club, so no chaingangs or hammerfests ;), just gentleish rides...

Hey Ravi, I'm thinking of doing my trip to Dunstable Down/Tottenhoe in a couple of weeks. It a fairly quite route with a few small country lanes. It's about 50 miles round trip and takes about 3 hours. There's some superb climbs and a few 40 MPH + downhills if you are interested. Probably a Sunday morning, if anybody else is interested let me know.

OP
OP
R

ravi

50 miles, damn thats far, the furtherest i have ever travelled is 35 miles. i am not sure if i woul be able to do that. plus, i dont think i will be able to climb those kinda hills on my oldskool 5 speed falcon:sad:. by the way are those hills as steep as the one near bushey golf course when coming towards harrow.

anyhow, i am quite interested as i will get to test my stamina:laugh:.

Eat MY Dust said:
Hey Ravi, I'm thinking of doing my trip to Dunstable Down/Tottenhoe in a couple of weeks. It a fairly quite route with a few small country lanes. It's about 50 miles round trip and takes about 3 hours. There's some superb climbs and a few 40 MPH + downhills if you are interested. Probably a Sunday morning, if anybody else is interested let me know.

OP
OP
R

ravi

doh!

Doh! damn it. sorry then i wont be joining you. i am just a daily college commuter and i dont think i can handle those hills, yet.

Eat MY Dust said:
Steeper and longer!

just4fun

opps i just deleted my long reply.. here goes again:

Hi Ravi, the bike shop in north harrow (as mentioned) is a good place to get info from. they are also a good place to use when your bike needs a service or work doing to it.

A nice cycle in the area i used to do, was to cycle to northolt and pick up the grand union canal then cycle to uxbridge/watford. i think its about 14 miles to uxbridge on the tow path. if thats too short, you could go to watford of just continue northwards.

upto uxbridge or watford you can use the met line back to central harow. If you require a longer cycle you can get trains back to harrow and wealdstone. these are nice sunday rides where you can stop in the canal pubs for a good roast.

p.s did you find any clubs?

kayak_avfc

just4fun said:
opps i just deleted my long reply.. here goes again:

Hi Ravi, the bike shop in north harrow (as mentioned) is a good place to get info from. they are also a good place to use when your bike needs a service or work doing to it.

A nice cycle in the area i used to do, was to cycle to northolt and pick up the grand union canal then cycle to uxbridge/watford. i think its about 14 miles to uxbridge on the tow path. if thats too short, you could go to watford of just continue northwards.

upto uxbridge or watford you can use the met line back to central harow. If you require a longer cycle you can get trains back to harrow and wealdstone. these are nice sunday rides where you can stop in the canal pubs for a good roast.

p.s did you find any clubs?

Hi

I live in the area and will be trying the same route on weekends. What is the towpath surface like - suitable for slicks or should I get treads? Do you recommend front suspension?

Thanks

Dess1e

Hi Ravi,

A couple of years late in reading this, but have you tried the Kenton RC - www.kentonrc.co.uk , based in Harrow and Kenton?

You'd be more than welcome to come along on one of our Sunday rides.

Top Bottom