Anyone on here started a regional cyclechat day run once every couple of weeks or month .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
I always wonder how many of the cyclists I see when I'm pottering about the place are on CC.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I think the reality is that the regular contributors that are actually active bicyclists are spread too few and far between. It's a nice idea, and something I have also thought about, but the closest I have come to it is forming a friendship group with a bunch of like minded forum members and just doing our thing (MTB or road) on an ad-hoc basis a few times a year (we're actually going mtb'ing in North Wales next weekend :okay:).

Proof of the rarity of someone willing to admit to being a CC member is my experience of sportives/charity rides where I have worn my cyclechat shirt with pride, but never had anyone let on to me as a fellow forum member or even ask about the forum.

There is always the informal rides section where you can post ride plans if you want to try it there.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Once upon a time there were quite regular ride outs among the Glasgow/Edinburgh/Central Scotland members. I even organised one myself, a ride around the Isle of Bute... and the 3 ferries ride too, but cannot remember if that was me or another.
Most of the members from back then (and it wasn't THAT long ago, maybe 7 to 10 years) have drifted off. The only ones still around are @Pat "5mph" and @Scoosh , but they are now management so probably not allowed to fraternise with the plebs :laugh:. We maybe had about 10 riders showing up, which wasn't bad. Fubar, Telemark and HJ, Edwardoka, Scotia lass, the very fast Danish (??) guy... others whose names escape me just now; where are you all?

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Didn't you meet as bosworth a few times,it would be nice to see you all again

Yes, good riding that way and a good choice of cafes.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
The only ones still around are @Pat "5mph" and @Scoosh , but they are now management so probably not allowed to fraternise with the plebs :laugh:.
Hahahaha very funny .... not :boxing:
I've only ridden max 10 miles on a oner since covid, so not fit to go out with the boys :whistle:
Fubar, Telemark and HJ, Edwardoka, Scotia lass, the very fast Danish (??)
@Fubar gave up on us, we traumatized him on the last tour he organized :laugh:
The Edinburgh folks are still in Edinburgh, Ed left CC, Scotia Lass never came to a CC mixed ride afaik, she left CC as well, @Rasmus left Scotland to take up a job in Bristol.

OP
OP
S

Sallar55

Veteran
Once upon a time there were quite regular ride outs among the Glasgow/Edinburgh/Central Scotland members. I even organised one myself, a ride around the Isle of Bute... and the 3 ferries ride too, but cannot remember if that was me or another.
Most of the members from back then (and it wasn't THAT long ago, maybe 7 to 10 years) have drifted off. The only ones still around are @Pat "5mph" and @Scoosh , but they are now management so probably not allowed to fraternise with the plebs :laugh:. We maybe had about 10 riders showing up, which wasn't bad. Fubar, Telemark and HJ, Edwardoka, Scotia lass, the very fast Danish (??) guy... others whose names escape me just now; where are you all?
Well that sums up the level of interest, 10years ago last effort for a meetup in the west.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Well that sums up the level of interest, 10years ago last effort for a meetup in the west.

If you really want to organise a CC ride, all I can suggest is that you choose a date and a route that suits you, then post the details in this section and see what happens. I'm not a big fan of group riding so I gave up on them.

Top Bottom