Anyone gained more weight than me in 2018?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keithmac

Guru
I weighed in at 93kg a few years back and decided enough was enough.

Dropped to 76kg (nearly 3 stone off?) over a year which was bloody hard work for a food lover!.

Hover around 78 kg now, 80kg is my ceiling to do something about it!.

Went from 78kg to 82kg over Christmas, need to nip it in the bud.

I'm 5'10ish and any lower than 76kg I look too thin regardless of what BMI chart says.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
That's really good going, hats off to you there!.

Easy to put it on but very hard to shift it again..
Thanks, it was hard going but very beneficial for my health and mental wellbeing, and I’d recommend maintaining a healthy weight to anyone. I’m still working on it and would like to lose another 2” off my waist. Then I’ll be happy. Any thinner than that would be unhealthy.

well in 2016 I was 12st .3lb So I am 6'3" Tall and strewth I was skinny Though was averaging 120 miles a week then injured knee so was off the road went back 4 months later then after just two months broke my heel bone in two places so weight went up to 14st 4lb and am still trying to get that off at the moment am 13st 9lb so its coming off but its hard work at my tender age

johnblack

Über Member
I make a point of not weighing myself between end of Nov and middle of Feb, I know I will have put a few on, I'll take a guess that I'll hit 86-7kg's from 82-3kg's. I don't worry about it too much because my fitness doesn't suffer and the outdoor riding I do in this time is mostly just fun MTB stuff. Dropping the winter coat usually coincides with the start of Belgian racing when I feel the need to get the road bike out again.

12boy

Guru
I too have been putting it on, up to 165 from158. With weather I haven't been riding or working outside and substitute short hard rides and resistance training for 20 mile rides most days. And, been eating a lot more carbs. Here's my question....it seems to me we are programmed to put on weight when the days are shorter. Anyone else have an opinion on this?

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I too have been putting it on, up to 165 from158. With weather I haven't been riding or working outside and substitute short hard rides and resistance training for 20 mile rides most days. And, been eating a lot more carbs. Here's my question....it seems to me we are programmed to put on weight when the days are shorter. Anyone else have an opinion on this?

Maybe some evolutionary thing going on where we are 'programmed to eat more prior to winter in advance of a lower availability of foodstuff back in the day? Same as most other mammals.

Top Bottom