Anyone got a Verenti from Wiggle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sayek1

Has anyone got one of these yet - the new brand from Wiggle. Supposedly built more for sportives (comfort) than absolute speed?

Any views.

Regards
K

Garz

Squat Member
They sound like great value but would like to see some real reviews but I guess will take some time as they are quite new.

Noodley

I seem to remember that when wiggle introduced Focus bikes there was a bit of a "I'll wait and see.." attitude despite some excellent reviews...

The Focus Cayo was, IMO, one of the best 'new' bikes to hit the UK market in the past 10 years.

However, that was when wiggle were (agian IMO) 'interested' in getting into the minds of cyclists...I would be less inclined to believe them this time round as I feel they have drifted in the past few years to target 'easy money' rather than targetting 'cyclists'.

Just my opinion...but I think there could be better out there.

scook94

Veteran
I know someone who might be getting a Verenti Rhigos 02 or 01 next week. I'm sure you'll hear all about it when he gets back from Bath.

The 02 won the award for best newcomer in the latest C+ bike of the year awards, so I'm sure it's a worthy bike. I've been promised a wee shot on it too...

OP
OP
S

sayek1

Took the plunge

Well, seeing as Wiggle had a 15% off offer at the weekend I succumbed to their marketing and my desire to blow my cash and went for a Verenti Millook.

Should be here within a couple of days and with a 30-day no quibble guarantee I can't go far wrong. (I hope).

bianchiman2

I have the 03 version. All Rhigos models (01 and 02) have the same frame and fork just different SRAM spec group set and wheels. First impressions were that wiggle forgot to pack the front wicker basket! when you stand beside it and you see how long that head tube is it gives you a sense of an old 'sit up and beg' machine.

First riding is a strange experience and different from a pure road machine,you get the very real sense of being slightly more upright,the whole sensation took me a while to get used to. Having said this the bike does not come over as an arm chair bike with no responsiveness. It very much a bike of two halves. The back end is very tight and responsive, when you put your foot down you get immediate power with hardly any flex. However the front end dampens and smooths out the road. The bike inspires confidence on descents not wavering at all.

Overall the bike dose dampen road vibration, its a bit like having a tooth out you can feel things being bumped about but there's no pain. One thing i did notice was road buzz. Certain road surfaces seem to set up a buzz through the frame, its not uncomfortable just very noticeable.

The bike does look stunning. I think the 03 all black works the beat out of the three models

A few adjustments were still necessary despite wiggle 'Ready to ride statement' the rear gear was half a turn out on the low setting. Out of the box it was throwing the chain off between rear wheel and cassette. Also the Verenti logo badge on the head is only stuck on and flipped off. Also bin the saddle

I have only done 40 miles so far but am really impressed if still slightly bemused about how this frame geometry seems to capture a workable compromise between out and out twitchy road machine and stable comfortable ride.

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
I should be getting a Millook (unfortunately not a Rhigos, Scook!) any time soon. The review in C+ this month is very favourable and it weighs around 17lbs so should make for a very tidy machine.

OP
OP
S

sayek1

Verenti Millook Update/Review

Apologies for the delay, but I've now given the Millook a good go - 47miler at the weekend, including some extremely big hills (Largs to Kilbernie for those that know it).

I can't confess to being an expert on road-bikes so I have very little to compare it to. However, I can provide the following views;

1. It is extremely light - about 17lbs. It makes my newish hybrid feel like lead which when I got a few months back I thought was as light as a feather
2. It looks great - the mix of black with white forks & stays works really well along with the red hoods.
3. The SRAM Rival gears work very well - take a tiny bit of getting used to but within a few miles I was changing up & down seamlessly from the hoods and bars like a pro!!!
4. It shifts effortlessly - on the flat I was cruising between 20-25mph. Not bad for a 16.5 stone unfit lump! Overall my avge speed for the 47 miles was 16mph - there were quite a few hills and up until the last 30mins the avge had been nearly 18mph
5. The wheels & tyres appear to be very good - no punctures. Not sure if this is expected, but all my other bikes have Marathon+ tyres so I was unsure how the standard ones would hold out.
6. Not sure how to asses the wheels, but they were definitley round and went along fine.
7. Brakes took some getting used to, but thats because Saturday was extremely wet and I am used to discs.

Overall I am very impressed. If I get a chance to try somebody else's road-bike to compare I will do a comparison, but in my novice view it is very good.

I am sure someone else with more exprience/knowledge will provide a better update - Wiggle appear to be shifting a lot of these and it is sitting in its best selling product area!!

Kevin

bianchiman2

good stuff

sayek1 said:
Apologies for the delay, but I've now given the Millook a good go - 47miler at the weekend, including some extremely big hills (Largs to Kilbernie for those that know it).

I can't confess to being an expert on road-bikes so I have very little to compare it to. However, I can provide the following views;

1. It is extremely light - about 17lbs. It makes my newish hybrid feel like lead which when I got a few months back I thought was as light as a feather
2. It looks great - the mix of black with white forks & stays works really well along with the red hoods.
3. The SRAM Rival gears work very well - take a tiny bit of getting used to but within a few miles I was changing up & down seamlessly from the hoods and bars like a pro!!!
4. It shifts effortlessly - on the flat I was cruising between 20-25mph. Not bad for a 16.5 stone unfit lump! Overall my avge speed for the 47 miles was 16mph - there were quite a few hills and up until the last 30mins the avge had been nearly 18mph
5. The wheels & tyres appear to be very good - no punctures. Not sure if this is expected, but all my other bikes have Marathon+ tyres so I was unsure how the standard ones would hold out.
6. Not sure how to asses the wheels, but they were definitley round and went along fine.
7. Brakes took some getting used to, but thats because Saturday was extremely wet and I am used to discs.

Overall I am very impressed. If I get a chance to try somebody else's road-bike to compare I will do a comparison, but in my novice view it is very good.

I am sure someone else with more exprience/knowledge will provide a better update - Wiggle appear to be shifting a lot of these and it is sitting in its best selling product area!!

Kevin
Glad you like yer new stead .

ninew1

Took delivery of my new Verenti Millook two Fridays ago and hardly got off it all weekend. The guys at Wiggle say that I'm the first owner in the UK so felt it my duty to write a quick review as I know how frustrating it was for me not being able to read any reviews on it before I bought. First of all I bought it blind, despite having a long list of alternatives, because Wiggle offers a 30 day returns policy on their Verenti range so didn’t have anything to lose in trying it. The Wiggle team was very helpful answering my endless barrage of questions. I had tried in the past to buy a Kiron Scandium and, as one of the contributors below said, it was impossible to get one even before Wiggle ran into their trade-marking issues with Kiron. No such delay with Verenti. Ordered on Monday, delivered on Friday. Now to the bike....it goes like smoke even with no upgrading, is certainly as smooth as competitors’ bikes I was looking at, handles beautifully and the SRAM Rival groupset is a pleasure. It wasn’t quite as light as I was expecting but comparable to others in this price range. On the whole it looks great, although not mad about the red cabling. The red lugs are not on the Millook, just on the Rhigos models. I’d have to have a serious falling-out with this bike over the next few weeks to send it back and at the moment very excited to be riding it in various Triathlons and road races this Spring and Summer. Will keep you posted if things change.

OP
OP
S

sayek1

Forgot to say like Ninew1 Wiggle were excellent - 30 day trial is excellent and takes any issue out of trying a bike without seing/riding it first.

Also, I ordered mine on the Sundat night at 6.00pm and it was with me at 12.00 on the Tuesday - great service.

Mine wont be going back!

honest rich

Took delivery of my new Verenti Millook two Fridays ago and hardly got off it all weekend. The guys at Wiggle say that I'm the first owner in the UK so felt it my duty to write a quick review as I know how frustrating it was for me not being able to read any reviews on it before I bought. First of all I bought it blind, despite having a long list of alternatives, because Wiggle offers a 30 day returns policy on their Verenti range so didn’t have anything to lose in trying it. The Wiggle team was very helpful answering my endless barrage of questions. I had tried in the past to buy a Kiron Scandium and, as one of the contributors below said, it was impossible to get one even before Wiggle ran into their trade-marking issues with Kiron. No such delay with Verenti. Ordered on Monday, delivered on Friday. Now to the bike....it goes like smoke even with no upgrading, is certainly as smooth as competitors’ bikes I was looking at, handles beautifully and the SRAM Rival groupset is a pleasure. It wasn’t quite as light as I was expecting but comparable to others in this price range. On the whole it looks great, although not mad about the red cabling. The red lugs are not on the Millook, just on the Rhigos models. I’d have to have a serious falling-out with this bike over the next few weeks to send it back and at the moment very excited to be riding it in various Triathlons and road races this Spring and Summer. Will keep you posted if things change.

honest rich

Have you had any problems with the lacquer on the Millook I found the lacquer chipped very easily and could be picked away with a fingernail very easily, i returned mine to Wiggle. i am trying to determine if common problem or just a rogue bike with poor quality lacquer finish.

Top Bottom