Anyone got some light wheels I could hire for a day?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My hunch: it's 5-7h of climbing, therefore an endurance event. Whether your rests are 10minutes or 5 minutes, I don't think recovery is all that important; pacing is key. A sport-sci could probably find a marginal gain in there, but it would be dwarfed by other effetcs (e.g. the time lost at each turnaround etc etc ).
Just a hunch!

(and yes, I think climbing with a tail-wind could be a more than marginal gain - so Dartmoor should be an easy location :smile: )

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
And the point about there not being many hills in UK at 10% for more than a mile is a point well made, and a nice straightish descent will narrow the choice even further.
Not to mention finding one that isn't busy, and doesn't have side roads and housing along it for cars to emerge from!

Otley East Chevin Rd would be ideal if you could close it to traffic. It is a pretty much relentless 10% for a mile but the road is so busy that going up or down it once in a day is enough for me!

I think climbing with a tail-wind could be a more than marginal gain
I once did the Blackstone Edge hill from Littleborough (mentioned in another Everesting thread recently) with a tailwind so strong that I was able to climb it at the same speed as I descended back down it!

CXRAndy

Guru
I used to work in Otley many moons ago. A killer of a hill East Chevin Rd. In fact all the hills leading upto the Royalty pub are tough from Menston or Pool

Top Bottom