Anyone got some light wheels I could hire for a day?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Marchaugh

So I'm doing a Everesting next Friday, aiming for a sub 10 and am trying to shave off as much excess weight as possible.
My current wheels are Roval clx64 disc which aren't ideal for loads of climbing so I was wondering if anyone on here has a pair of light disc brake wheels (mine are currently 1,600g) that they wouldn't mind me hiring for a day. I'm prepared to pay for the use of them.
I live in Coventry so ideally someone nearby so I could pick them up and return them easily.
Thanks in advance.

Sharky

Guru
Good luck

OP
OP
Marchaugh

Marchaugh

Thanks for the weight saving suggestions : )
I didn't think my wheels were too heavy but wheels like the zipp 202 and the Roval clx32 are about ~400g lighter.
I'm doing Edge Hill in the Cotswolds as it's the best hill I can find nearby. https://strava.app.link/ZimMDhWP76

Weight savings I've thought of so far are:
- only 1 bottle cage
- remove front Di2 shifter and big ring
- only carry food for every hour and stop and refil
- I've already got latex tubes
- no sunnies!
- shorten the chain to the minimum

If anyone can think of anymore let us know : )

Castration ?

dodgy

Thanks for the weight saving suggestions : )
I didn't think my wheels were too heavy but wheels like the zipp 202 and the Roval clx32 are about ~400g lighter.
I'm doing Edge Hill in the Cotswolds as it's the best hill I can find nearby. https://strava.app.link/ZimMDhWP76

Weight savings I've thought of so far are:
- only 1 bottle cage
- remove front Di2 shifter and big ring
- only carry food for every hour and stop and refil
- I've already got latex tubes
- no sunnies!
- shorten the chain to the minimum

If anyone can think of anymore let us know : )

Just ride it as is, it's a tough if pointless challenge, but it's mostly in the head.

Reactions: DSK
Top Bottom