Anyone got some light wheels I could hire for a day?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NotAsGoodAsMyBike

I suspect you’ll still ride better/faster with light wheels, even if it’s only because of the psychological effect. I don’t have discs so can’t help but good luck in finding some. Have you tried bike shops in the area. They may welcome the publicity.

dodgy

People only do this 'everesting' thing for bragging rights, so why not do it on your stock bike with no mods for enhanced bragging rights?

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
You only need the front brake really even returning back down each time... and the lowest gear so the smallest single chain ring on the front so no front mech or front mech cable +no left hand brakecable or rear disc and so then you don't need the left hand brake/shifter lever at all... that must save quite a lot!

Last edited:

Sharky

Guru
What tyres are you riding and what pressures?
One of my old clubmates told me before my first hill climb (and last), that the front tyre should be as hard as you dare, so that it doesn't absorb any energy. The rear can be a little softer to give more grip.

Might be nonsense, but something to try if you have the time to practice.

figbat

Slippery scientist
You only need the front brake really even returning back down each time... and the lowest gear so the smallest single chain ring on the front so no front mech or front mech cable +no left hand brakecable or rear disc and so then you don't need the left hand brake/shifter lever at all... that must save quite a lot!
I thought about that but it’s a legal requirement to have two braking mechanisms on your bike. Fixies can get away with no rear brake as you can (sort of) brake through the drivetrain.

Top Bottom