anyone had exerience with an osteopath

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bayerd

Über Member
Sounds like I must have been to a bad one. Don't get me wrong, he was thorough with his research before treatment, it's just his treatment didn't work. I was eventually referred to an NHS Physio dept (this is for Wry Neck btw). She also asked the same questions, then said that she wanted to try acupuncture. To begin with, I thought she was just being lazy, but was prepared to try it. It worked like a treat. I've since started taking Glucosamine and that appears to have helped a great deal.

I suppose it's an area where you just have to try everything and use what works.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
A few years ago I had tremendous back pain for weeks. GP could only offer pain relief. I was very sceptical about going to an Osteopath but had to try something.

She fixed it in 10 minutes and said I would probably require no more treatment. which was right.

I payed £25 the result was priceless.

I paid £30 for each four 30 minute session twenty years ago. The result was useless. A very restful experience, lots of impressive cracking noises....but no improvement.

The bossy female Australian physios at Charing Cross Hospital subsequently put me on a traction bed twice a week and tortured me with painful routines. It worked. The badly prolapsed disc that the neuro-surgeon was keen to remove is still there and in fine shape.

Top Bottom