Anyone have any thought on this. road rage incident

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sandra6

Veteran
What does that even mean - it being a civil matter?
Ok, have now googled, and basically they can still take the driver to court for compensation.
My advice would be to see a solicitor, but if you don't have the reg of the car it will be pretty difficult to find them.

Crankarm

Guru

This happened to me but fortunately I was not injured just badly shaken and stung pushed into grass and nettles by a car driver who then drove off. He effectively left me for dead. I didn't get a complete registration so little chance of tracing the car and driver. No witnesses either.

What country did this take place in? In any event criminal offences have been committed by the driver. The police are just being lazy or CBA. I would escalate it to get some action.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
There is no point in getting us to make guesses as they may all be the wrong guess.

If you want to continue this you need professional advice. But even if you get professional advice you have no suspect or registration number.

The police have no details to investigate with.

I would say this was an RTA. It does not say that there has to be a collision, just an accident. I think the drivers demeanour adds weight to this.

Steve

Drago

Legendary Member
Yeah, it's a recordable RTA, sorry, RTC. An injury had occurred as a result of the presence of a motor vehicle on a road or public place.

That said, what was written in that thread, what they told the dibble, and what actually took place are probably 3 different things. Yours, theirs and the truth, so to speak.

Top Bottom