1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone hear that story about LA

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by yenrod, 17 Jun 2008.

1. yenrod

yenrod Guest

http://www.metro.co.uk/fame/article.html?in_article_id=177241&in_page_id=7

Lance Armstrong was left red faced after he tried to impress his new girlfriend, Kate Hudson, with a fancy meal in New York.

The pair totted up to super exclusive restaurant Rao's but were unceremoniously turned away because they failed to make a reservation.

The restaurant reportedly tried to explain that regulars are served first before new customers but did invite them to wait in the queue – a few months long!

Unsurprisingly, that option didn't sit well with the champion cyclist, 36, who was spotted pointing at his own face and ranting 'Do you know who I am?'.

2. Twenty Inch

Twenty Inch New Member

Armstrong is a cock.

3. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

"…ah yes, i remember now sir. weren't you the one with the girlfriend with the toilet paper thing?"

4. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

Do tell more!

5. ComedyPilot

ComedyPilot Secret Lemonade Drinker

:tongue:

Fantastic cyclist, brilliant athlete and charity campaigner. Still doesn't stop the bloke's true underlying persona from rising to the surface. Couldn't agree more, what a knob.;)

6. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

former armstrong squeeze, singer sheryl crowe, opined that it would be better for the environment if everyone just used one sheet of bog roll per visit.

nice ;)

7. Paulus

Paulus Getting older by the minute

I thought that a bit odd when she first came out with that statement. I don't think one sheet would do in the morning after a few beers and a ruby the night before:ohmy: L.A. has always had a big ego, but maybe the people of the USA have started to forget him already?

8. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

Aye, one sheet and an industrial bidet!

9. ChrisKH

ChrisKH Shorts Adjustment Expert

In most other restaurants he'd probably get away with it. I admire his bike achievements and struggle against cancer but personally I think there's something missing. Which I suppose there had to be to make him the way he is (on the bike). Mother fixation?

10. Cunobelin

Cunobelin Legendary Member

The problem with asking "DO you know who I am?" and someone simply answers "Yes"

There is no way out of that one...

11. Cathryn

Cathryn California Correspondant

It's the Kate Hudson thing that gets me. I'm not hugely into cycle racing but I read his book and you can't fail to be inspired by it.

But Kate Hudson? Really?? Pretty, I know but really???

12. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

I take your point, Cathryn, I take your point.

[​IMG]

I mean, why?

13. simonali

simonali Über Member

Nothing up front, though!

14. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

The bikini bottom is inside out cos you can see the label on the outside!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

It was the second day of four; normal, insideout, back-to-front and reverse again!