Anyone heard of this "Turf" game?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yeah yeah yeah, ok I hear you both, turn the wee guy off. :laugh:

I knew I missed a couple but got to leave some for another day. :cheers:

I just took a couple to try it, even got the one by the school grounds as I realised it was closed. Changed route a bit to grab a couple by the water but don't think I'll be doing that again as I'm definitely a roadie and never comfortable when up to the axles in mud. There is one at the back of the airport but I think it's in the building site at the new bridge so might have to get creative with that. Can see this getting addictive. :okay:
I planned to make it more addictive by taking one of your zones tonight, except I arrived at the Hurlet, knowing that you'd taken a zone with that name, only to find that the zone was at the wrong end of the Hurlet road. :cry:
You got lucky, you get to keep it... for today :biggrin:

Slick

Guru
I planned to make it more addictive by taking one of your zones tonight, except I arrived at the Hurlet, knowing that you'd taken a zone with that name, only to find that the zone was at the wrong end of the Hurlet road. :cry:
You got lucky, you get to keep it... for today :biggrin:
Is this a dagger I see before me? :laugh:

Spent hours last night coming up with a 37 mile route that took in as many zones as I could, because the major bottleneck for me is deciding which zone to go to next and having to navigate on the fly, if I just follow the Garmin I should be able to optimise my rides.

Then I checked the forecast. :rolleyes:

Slick

Guru
Spent hours last night coming up with a 37 mile route that took in as many zones as I could, because the major bottleneck for me is deciding which zone to go to next and having to navigate on the fly, if I just follow the Garmin I should be able to optimise my rides.

Then I checked the forecast. :rolleyes:
I had a similar plan until I realised I was bushed after a days work. Saturday is not looking any better but I'm hopeful for Sunday. :okay:

I had a similar plan until I realised I was bushed after a days work. Saturday is not looking any better but I'm hopeful for Sunday. :okay:
Oh, good point. I don't need to skip capturing your zone in the Academy grounds because the school will be shut *edits tcx file* :biggrin:

Biiiig walk today. Some silly sods swung around a couple of hours after me and took most of the stuff I took today.
I don't think they realise that I'm fairly placid and don't go out of my way to aggro people right up until it's clear that they're specifically targeting me. I even let them take some neutral territory nearby a few days ago and I didn't mount a response.

These people will have no zones tomorrow.

Slick

Guru
Biiiig walk today. Some silly sods swung around a couple of hours after me and took most of the stuff I took today.
I don't think they realise that I'm fairly placid and don't go out of my way to aggro people right up until it's clear that they're specifically targeting me. I even let them take some neutral territory nearby a few days ago and I didn't mount a response.

These people will have no zones tomorrow.
Hurts, doesn't it. :boxing:

Hurts, doesn't it. :boxing:
I took one of your zones several days after you captured it, to try and give you a bit of fighting spirit, I was already in the area, you are within your rights to reconquer the Academy, and since I have a mortal fear of riding the Hurlet westbound I probably can't do anything to stop you :tongue:

They swept in 2 hours after I'd visited (so shortly after I logged off) and undid most of my work, including zones that hadn't been visited for weeks before I went out of my way to visit them today. That's just not cricket. Having no zones to their name is a fate they deserve. And it's a fate they're going to receive :evil:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
My local rival's been hit hard this month. Instead of getting most of mine he's been confined to repeatedly having to re-capture the zones near where he lives.

As a result I've been over 100 zones much of the time without too much effort. I'm guessing they'll get wise to the tactics though.

Slick

Guru
I took one of your zones several days after you captured it, to try and give you a bit of fighting spirit, I was already in the area, you are within your rights to reconquer the Academy, and since I have a mortal fear of riding the Hurlet westbound I probably can't do anything to stop you :tongue:

They swept in 2 hours after I'd visited (so shortly after I logged off) and undid most of my work, including zones that hadn't been visited for weeks before I went out of my way to visit them today. That's just not cricket. Having no zones to their name is a fate they deserve. And it's a fate they're going to receive :evil:
If I'd known that I'd probably wouldn't have taken so much pleasure in taking it back this morning and deliberately avoiding all others.:laugh:

My local rival's been hit hard this month. Instead of getting most of mine he's been confined to repeatedly having to re-capture the zones near where he lives.

As a result I've been over 100 zones much of the time without too much effort. I'm guessing they'll get wise to the tactics though.
Yeah, once you get a certain critical mass of zones it requires serious effort or teaming up to dislodge you.
My main rival and I have pretty much been at peace for a while now, other than the constant recapture of the zones around a local park which are fair game. How long this peace lasts is anybody's guess.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Forget what I wrote yesterday - someone's come across from about 15 miles away and wiped all mine out today! Looks like they drove over then have been round on a road bike - they went once onto an off-road section then promptly turned round.

Last edited:
Top Bottom