Anyone here from Ilkley Cycling Club?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Danny

Legendary Member
Last night on BBC Look North they said that Ilkley Cycling Club has 1,000 members.

This sounded like an astonishing number to me given that Ilkley only has a population of about 15,000. I appreciate that the membership will be drawn from a wider catchment area than just Ilkley, but if the Look North figure is correct this is still a really impressive membership figure.

Is it correct, and if so how do you attract so many members?

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
That does sound a lot, I would have thought Otley Cycle Club had more members than Ilkley as I am always seeing their jerseys around and they have less than 1000.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I watched the program on Sky last night about a cycle Stage 1 of TdF challenge. It feature Ilkley CC. The members said they had 1,460 if I remember correctly. 40% female and about 200 juniors I think

MarkF

Guru
They have had a lot of press over the last year or so and I believe the proliferation of hardly used Harley's for sale locally, is not unconnected.........:whistle:

OP
OP
Danny

Danny

Legendary Member
I watched the program on Sky last night about a cycle Stage 1 of TdF challenge. It feature Ilkley CC. The members said they had 1,460 if I remember correctly. 40% female and about 200 juniors I think
Which is 10% of the population of Ilkley - and hence a fantastic achievement (if true).

Last edited:

Leodis

Veteran
The figures for Ilkley CC are duff, they had an offer where you got discount at Rapha as a member and so they have members from all over the country who joined to save cash.

There real figures are quite a bit less.

Top Bottom