Anyone here know the roads round East Kilbride?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
The reason I ask is that I'll probably be stopping up there either later this week or early next, and I'm looking at getting a quick three mile run in if I get a chance.

I'm thinking of the one below, but can't see from satellite images if the first mile and a half has a footpath, anyone able to help please?

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
There is a footway along that road (see street view here). However, you are in the land of teenagers with fast cars and no talent, the roads there treated as personal racetracks. The roundabouts are light-controlled and there is no pedestrian crossing phase built in. You really need to have your wits about you around there.

There is a footway along that road (see street view here). However, you are in the land of teenagers with fast cars and no talent, the roads there treated as personal racetracks. The roundabouts are light-controlled and there is no pedestrian crossing phase built in. You really need to have your wits about you around there.
Concur. Those junctions are horrendous.

However, there is a pedestrian crossing halfway between the two roundabouts on the eastern-most stretch, though, so @stephec wouldn't have to deal with traversing the roundabouts.

East Kilbride is suburban sprawl writ large. Even looking at Law Place and comparing it to how it looks now to how it was when it was on my commute 10+ years ago. Urg.

Top Bottom