Anyone know much about the rights of UK homeless people...?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Specifically a vulnerable adult with a recognised mental illness. (Member of my extended family)

I wouldn't mind picking your brains by PM if I may.

screenman

Legendary Member
I have as many know experienced being homeless but I am sorry to say have no advice to offer. What I can add is they certainly need more help if they want it.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Only in terms of an Equality Act viewpoint.

S149 of the Equality Act.

There was a case called Pieretti that has implications even though ^^ replaced the relevant bit of the older act. I might find it on Thursday when I have time.

AndyRM

XOXO
SophRM may be able to help, though this isn't specifically her area. She's currently asleep or feeding MiniRM but I'm happy to fire any queries her way.

Get in touch with your local housing association. Vulnerable adults with issues are priority. If they don't have a house they may have a crash pad or bedsit which he/she could sleep in while accommodation is sorted.

alicat

Legendary Member
Is there a charity for the mental health condition in question? They may have general guidance on their website or be able to offer individual guidance/advice. Or failing that, try the Citizens' Advice Bureau or Social Services.

Top Bottom