Anyone know someone who's xl bully has been affected by the law that came into effect today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Aah but how do you know it is effective if nobody has tried it? It is possible that you could walk in with armour on and not get arrested. Just because nobody breaks the law doesn't mean it's effective.

Now you could test the effectiveness of the law by repeatedly going into parliament in armour. Would that prove effectiveness of that law or other laws relating to unauthorised access to parliament?

Sorry to be pedantic but an unused law isn't effective just unused, possibly because other ones are more relevant and prevents the unused one from being applied.

I wasn;t being totally serious - just to be clear

presta

Guru
100% however banning them years ago "should" mean there are none left. That isn't the case, the state/cps etc have no stomach for enforcing nor prosecuting anyone unless an injury has occurred.

Murder's been banned for centuries, there's still some of it about though.

OP
OP
T

Time Waster

Veteran
I wasn;t being totally serious - just to be clear

Just to be clear I was trying to taunt and challenge you to go to parliament in armour. I was hoping to hear about it on the news later today. They'll be sitting (possibly in one of the bars) until quite late if you still want to make it! :laugh:

Just to be clear I was trying to taunt and challenge you to go to parliament in armour. I was hoping to hear about it on the news later today. They'll be sitting (possibly in one of the bars) until quite late if you still want to make it! :laugh:

Sorry - the battery on my ebike is only the 300Wh version so it won;t get me as far as that

especially wearing my armour

although I suppose it would help in the event that some idiot tries to attack me for using the road while cycling with malice aforethought

Still - I'm sorry but I'll have to disappoint you

You could always as the Sun to make up a story - they have the experience after all
allegedly

raleighnut

Legendary Member
My uncle had a *cat* that should have been banned. He couldn't handle it without elbow-length leather gauntlets and it once killed another cat in a fight.
When the nice old fella who lived next door died his daughter sold the house to a couple of 'chavs' who had a Jack Russel kind of dog and after a few weeks this bloke said to me "I should watch your Cats mate, my dog'll kill them"
Anyhoo another couple of weeks later I was out the front of the house and my big Ginger Tom was sunning himself peacefully on the path when the idiots came out and this little yappy thing came out and ran into our front garden (they never 'leashed it) and my big ginger lad stood up and swiped the little mutt across the snout (drawing a fair amount of blood)and causing it to run off yelping. Not only was the Cat quite a bit bigger than the dog but he was a lot faster.

OP
OP
T

Time Waster

Veteran
My friend had two rabbits that she left to roam free in her garden in summer. She often works away but has a friendly neighbour who checked up on them.

She used to see local cats sat on next door's she'd looking down on the rabbits. The rabbits knew it was there and kept watch. One time a cat jumped down and tried to attack the male rabbit. The female turned around and gave the cat a kick. My friend came home to see one rabbit with a couple of scratches lying under some boards out of the sun. The second was under the hutch out of the sun. The cat was lying next to the first rabbit with its jaw hanging off.

You see they were English giants! Bigger than any domestic cat breed and with a powerful kick that hurts when it doesn't mean it but leg breaking if it does. The cat and rabbit were taken to the local vets. The rabbit got bandaged and sent home. The cat died of its injuries. Beware of the killer wabbits. Money python were right! :laugh:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Think he was jesting...or should that be jousting? :scratch:

Expect a Daily Mail article about it....

Top Bottom