1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone know this idiot?

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by TheJDog, 5 Jul 2017.

1. TheJDog

TheJDog dingo's kidneys

Milzy and PK99 like this.
  2. Drago

Drago Guru

Oooh thats cringeworthy. Why are cyclists using a left turn only lane as a means of overtaking on the inside? That truck so very nearly killed him, all because he used the lane inappropriately.

Also, that first cyclist is a plum. Flings himself up the inside of a car just as the road narrows, doesn't look left or right the entire time he's in view.

Wannabe organ doners the lot of them.

iancity, mark st1, double_dd and 7 others like this.
  3. numbnuts

numbnuts Guru

I take it all of the cyclists were in the wrong lane then

Beebo and Cycleops like this.
  4. Drago

Drago Guru

From what I could see, yes. Instead of turning left they tried to use it as an opportunity to overtake the waiting traffic, deliberately keep themselves in the teucks blind spot, and it bit one of them on the arriss. Dreadful roadcraft from all of them.

The video should be renamed "idiot cyclist with no observation skills, poor lane disciple, and a rampant death wish attempts to top himself under a lorry"

I'll be as popular as a fart in a space suit for saying it, bit the lorry driver find nothing wrong.

Last edited: 5 Jul 2017
  5. No way I'd try and race a lorry from the wrong lane.

slowmotion and Disabledcyclist40 like this.
  6. What a bunch of idiots. The very definition of 'All the gear, no idea'. '

iancity, redvision95, postman and 3 others like this.
  7. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

He knows he's in the wrong. That's why he cycles off without swapping details.

Disabledcyclist40 likes this.
  8. Welsh wheels

Welsh wheels Lycra king

Unfortunate incident all round, but in all honesty those cyclists should definitely have been more aware and given the lorry a lot more room.

Mrs M and Disabledcyclist40 like this.
  9. I like Skol

I like Skol Hold my beer and watch this..........

Maybe the question should be 'would you admit to knowing that idiot?'

He is lucky to be alive and unless he learned a lesson that day it is only a matter of time. At least the lady that was riding beside him had the good sense to drop back......

Donger, Dayvo and Disabledcyclist40 like this.
  10. Disabledcyclist40

Disabledcyclist40 Well-Known Member

If your going to filter, you should always stop where the driver has a visual on you, not in the blidnspot

The lorry knew they were there and wanted to prove he was right

The cyclists were all in the wrong lane

But who's at fault doesn't matter, if you know a lorry will kill you you don't stop in the blidnspot, either hold back or filter in front of him. So he can see you, chose life, not to have to fight for life.

summerdays, raleighnut and Cycleops like this.
  11. Timtrain

Timtrain Regular

Fail to understand how the lorry driver can be in the wrong. All the cyclists are to all intense and purpose are turning left. The lorry hasn't deviated from its route, and as the driver states , he was leaning forward to see them, and quite rightly assumed they were turning left, they shouldn't of chanced there arm by undercutting him

iancity, postman, Gixxerman and 3 others like this.
  12. Looks like it to me, but I suppose if one of them is getting some hits on his YouTube channel he probably thinks it's worth risking his life.

13. Cycleops

Cycleops Veteran

Even if they were all in the wrong lane the trucker made a deliberate attempt to maim them. He knew what he was doing.

14. Disabledcyclist40

Disabledcyclist40 Well-Known Member

But if they'd have not put themselves there consciously, he'd have had nothing to aim at maiming

15. vickster

vickster Legendary Member

Every cyclist in London does it he says....doesn't make it the right thing to do though :rolleyes:...idiot cyclists all round indeed. Well done to the truck driver for keeping his cool pretty much!