Anyone know this idiot?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alicat

Legendary Member
I agree with Cyclops. Some of the cyclists had already passed the lorry so the driver knew cyclists were there. It was at least negligent on the part of the driver to assume that they had all got ahead.

Lonestar

Veteran
No doubt the cyclists were in the wrong and poorly placed.

Edited for the reason I don't know what the driver saw or didn't see....But that's one angry lorry driver.

Last edited:
You don't have the right to kill someone just because they are in the wrong lane! I am shocked this even needs to be said. We all have a duty of care to others.

How can you transfer the blame onto the driver?

They were all in the WRONG lane (so as to gain a few yards instead of being stuck behind the lorry). They KNOW that drivers have a blind-spot. And they KNOW not to undertake.

As said up-thread, it was dreadful roadcraft from all of them.

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
You don't have the right to kill someone just because they are in the wrong lane!

I am shocked this even needs to be said. We all have a duty of care to others.
Without sounding cliched try driving a lorry.

If you're potentially in the path of a lorry or van you get in front of them or you get behind them, especially if you're undertaking in the wrong lane.. No way to check blind spots so you're relying on being in the right place to be seen in a mirror. Maybe okay for one cyclist but when you have a dozen it would literally be impossible to check everyone is out the way, whilst simultaneously not hitting the ones in front of you.

aferris2

Guru
Am I on the right forum? (Scrolls up to check the top...). Other cyclists saying the driver was not to blame?
Quite right though. Those cyclists shouldn't have tried to squeeze through.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
At what stage do we think the lorry driver should have stopped to see if there were more bikes lurking there? At no stage in my opinion. The cyclists were in the wrong. If they dont give a hoot about their own lives. Why should the responsibility be shifted to the driver? Its a good example which shows it is not always the drivers fault.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
It's Cheyne Walk, eastbound, at the junction with Battersea Bridge. I ride through there quite a bit. There are three lanes going into the lights, and two across the junction. The third lane at the lights is clearly marked as a left turn lane. Anybody who attempts to race an artic across the junction, in its blind spot, having started on the inside lane is Darwin Award material. Self-righteous nobber too.
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.4...=337.3973&pitch=0&thumbfov=100!7i13312!8i6656

Top Bottom