Anyone know what these weeds are and how to kill them?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
There are 2 types. They look similar but one type is more pink.
They started to show on the lawn a few weeks ago and spread quickly.
Never had them before.
Any help appreciated.
777 528094

midlife

Guru
Looks like some sort of clover judging by the flowers?

Slick

Guru
I know the advice is to let it grow wild but I like grass to just that and nothing else. I spend a bit of time scarifying my lawn as well as hollow tines, but at this time of year this stuff would see you right.

https://www.diy.com/departments/eve...d-weed-moss-killer-360-m-12-6kg/330313_BQ.prd

tom73

Guru
Clover it's great stuff not only for bees who let's face it need all the help we can give.
But they are also members of the Legume family same as beans and peas. One neat trick they have is nitrogen fixation they take nitrogen from the air and turn it into a form that plants can use all via the soil. So not only are they good for the bees but they help feed the lawn too.
It's easy to pull bit out if you want to keep it down a bit.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
There are 2 types. They look similar but one type is more pink.
They started to show on the lawn a few weeks ago and spread quickly.
Never had them before.
Any help appreciated.
View attachment 528093
777 View attachment 528094

Its clover leave it bee for the bees,

Why should a lawn only be grass ?? clover is more drought resistant - its also fixing nitrogen in its root nodules for your grass -

Bees are in dire straits right now - they need all the unsprayed forage they can get .

No bees no pollination - no pollinated food crops for us -not that its all about 'us' - nature has a right to exist anyhow .

Ignore the clover - go for a bike ride instead.. :bicycle:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
If you keep mowing the lawn with a mulching mower that will return the goodness, and organic matter, in the clover and grass back into the soil.

That will control the clover to a certain extent - it does better in low nutrient situations - the extra nutrients you've returned will encourage the grass.

Or just leave those lovely clover flowers for the bees to enjoy, pour yourself a nice glass of something, sit back close your eyes and be soothed by the gentle hum of busy bees..

Top Bottom