anyone made a bike alarm?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
Get the bike inside the tent. First off if it's not seen the temptation to steal it is greatly reduced, secondly I doubt any thief would risk going into a tent with someone inside sleeping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
If it's in the tent porch then I'd have thought a motion detector with siren would give any thief determined enough to go into your tent and you enough of a 'wake up call', to then give chase.

MessenJah

Rider
bonj said:
What, and stick a notice on it saying "Excuse me thieves, but if you are going to nick this bike would you please have the courtesy to also press the button on this rape alarm so I know you're nicking it and can be alerted in order to give chase?" :biggrin::rolleyes::biggrin: Tit!

Who you calling a tit, you prick?

The alarm in the magazine had a wire on it which, when broken, caused the alarm to set off.

But hey,if you're going to respond to input like that, then **** yourself.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
:biggrin::laugh:

I think you could attach the rape alarm to something on the bike thats out the way, with the cord attached to the lock, so when they take that out they pull the rape alarm cord and it make loud noise. Even better if you have a few on there going off.

OP
OP
B

bonj2

MessenJah said:
Who you calling a tit, you prick?

The alarm in the magazine had a wire on it which, when broken, caused the alarm to set off.

But hey,if you're going to respond to input like that, then **** yourself.
ooooh!, somebody got out of bed the wrong side this morning!
Mind you, some people (i.e. YOU) got out the WOMB the wrong side...:tongue:

Joe24 said:
:biggrin::laugh:

I think you could attach the rape alarm to something on the bike thats out the way, with the cord attached to the lock, so when they take that out they pull the rape alarm cord and it make loud noise. Even better if you have a few on there going off.

Yeah but if they saw the cord and cut it, then it wouldn't go off.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
bonj said:
ooooh!, somebody got out of bed the wrong side this morning!
Mind you, some people (i.e. YOU) got out the WOMB the wrong side...:tongue:

Yeah but if they saw the cord and cut it, then it wouldn't go off.

:biggrin:
FIGHT!!!!!

Make it so they dont see the cord. If you lock your saddle up with a cable lock, you can easily attack the cord somehow to that, or even put it somewhere so when the bike is rolled the pin is pulled.

OP
OP
B

bonj2

Joe24 said:
:laugh:
FIGHT!!!!!

Make it so they dont see the cord. If you lock your saddle up with a cable lock, you can easily attack the cord somehow to that, or even put it somewhere so when the bike is rolled the pin is pulled.
Yeah but that's a faff.

tdr1nka said:
Bonj, if you are concerned about your bike being nicked, might I suggest a walking holiday?;)

You can, if you want. It wouldn't be a very good suggestion, but feel free to make it.

buddha

Veteran
Don't know if this has been said already. But can't you replace the pull cord of one of those attack/rape alarms with a wire.

As the alarm probably operates on the principle of a current being broken (or switch triggered) inside the alarm, you could connect this internal 'switch' to say a headphone socket fitted to the alarm. The wire could plug into this socket.

You could simply loop the wire around the bike and keep the alarm inside with you - maybe pinned to the ground with a tent peg. No need to attach it to yourself. You'd know when it went off!

OP
OP
B

bonj2

buddha said:
Don't know if this has been said already. But can't you replace the pull cord of one of those attack/rape alarms with a wire.

As the alarm probably operates on the principle of a current being broken (or switch triggered) inside the alarm, you could connect this internal 'switch' to say a headphone socket fitted to the alarm. The wire could plug into this socket.

You could simply loop the wire around the bike and keep the alarm inside with you - maybe pinned to the ground with a tent peg. No need to attach it to yourself. You'd know when it went off!

Can you get ones that instead of a shrill siren, shout repeatedly "I AM BEING RAPED... I AM BEING RAPED..." in a loud voice, so then people are more likely to come and help me fight them off than if they think,oh it's justanother car alarm going off?

Top Bottom